michael moore

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
will be in our offices any minute now to hold a press conference concerning the charges against him for going to Cuba. It will probably be on TV. Maybe you can see me, I'll be the one in the red shirt smiling.see what I have to put with.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Serious question:

How come Michael Moore gets in hot water, but Matt Lauer can do a broadcast from Cuba with no problems? Is it simply a protocol of getting the correct permissions?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Serious question:

How come Michael Moore gets in hot water, but Matt Lauer can do a broadcast from Cuba with no problems? Is it simply a protocol of getting the correct permissions?

I dont know, I just work here.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Serious question:

Michael Moore would be considerably harder to smuggle in, implying a much broader international conspiracy.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I've got a hunch that Moore was hoping the gov't would bring charges. Friends of mine in the documentary industry tell me he is a despicable person, just a jerk to work for.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    will be in our offices any minute now to hold a press conference concerning the charges against him for going to Cuba. It will probably be on TV. Maybe you can see me, I'll be the one in the red shirt smiling.

see what I have to put with.

Make it a red Che shirt, then you'll really be doin' it up big.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I'll be the one in the red shirt

?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    I'll be the one in the red shirt

?

usually, i would hope to get some leftovers from the meeting so I dont have pay for lunch, but with Michael, there probably wont be any.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    usually, i would hope to get some leftovers from the meeting so I dont have pay for lunch, but with Michael, there probably wont be any.

because hes fat right

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I've got a hunch that Moore was hoping the gov't would bring charges. Friends of mine in the documentary industry tell me he is a despicable person, just a jerk to work for.

I definitely believe that first bit. He can very shameless with his self-promotion, and sees controversy as a sure-fire way to sell tickets -- even, I suspect, when that controversy is in part manufactured.

For what it's worth, I interviewed him in person once and he was very cool and gracious despite it being his last of about 20 straight half-hour interviews. I have heard those stories about him being a monster to work with, but I hear those about almost everyone of his level of fame/fortune and suspect he takes more heat than most due to his down-to-earth "average joe" schtick.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

you sound poor

you sound poor

very

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

because hes fat right

post of the year

because hes fat right

post of the year

I know, these new soulstrut recruits are pretty sharp.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Because Moore's leftist obsession is all-consuming, right?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

because hes fat right

post of the year

I know, these new soulstrut recruits are pretty sharp.

You registered 3 months before him. God forbid he would make fewer "contributions" to the forum than you.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

I definitely believe that first bit. He can very shameless with his self-promotion, and sees controversy as a sure-fire way to sell tickets -- even, I suspect, when that controversy is in part manufactured.

For what it's worth, I interviewed him in person once and he was very cool and gracious despite it being his last of about 20 straight half-hour interviews. I have heard those stories about him being a monster to work with, but I hear those about almost everyone of his level of fame/fortune and suspect he takes more heat than most due to his down-to-earth "average joe" schtick.

These were first person anecdotes by people that I know very well. Totally prima donna shit which is par for the course in hollywood and wall street but not amongst mere mortals.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

because hes fat ....right?[/b]

thats better

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

These were first person anecdotes by people that I know very well. Totally prima donna shit which is par for the course in hollywood and wall street but not amongst mere mortals.

Totally believable. I was just throwing into the mix that I had a good, if slight, in person experience with him. But how someone treats their employees is a very good test of their character.

I will say that doing film and music interviews over several years and now working for a (small) film festival, I've had people much less established than Michael Moore throw prima donna fits on me and/or colleagues.