Death Walks Behind You

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
atomic rooster...what's the dilly with this record? picked it up today and am digging it.

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    ..while that is a good one, I would suggest their third LP '...In Hearing Of', it has many more funkier moments.
    And fans of early prog would enjoy their first LP: "Atomic Roooster" (aka 'chicken tits'). But that one only had a Uk/Euro release.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    there is also a frigging great, top shelf hard rock/proto metal band called The Hard Stuff from a former Rooster member...their LP "Bulletproof" is a monster (also has braeks and shit for those of you that are nerds for that kinda stuff)

http://popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=4711738741

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    thanks for the heads up. i knew that atomic rooster could have some funky shit, but wasn't sure which record. so i just pulled the trigger anyway. the dude threw in some vertigo shit plus a grip of jazz and funk so i couldn't pass it up.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    ..while that is a good one, I would suggest their third LP '...In Hearing Of', it has many more funkier moments.

Dude!! You don't dig a group like Atomic Rooster for 'funky moments'.... its all about that heavy British blooozerock.

Gotta say though, the last time I tried to listen to them it wasn't doing it for me like it used to...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    "The VooDoo In You" is a killer.

• Made in england lp is prob the most outright funky progressive effort from them with plenty of sick rolling organ groove, but as said before love them for being great uk rock. I've got a couple choice picture sleve 45s hanging around somewhere.