Sun Records

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
is it safe to say most of the 45 releases will fetch some money?i see alot of them are selling in lots, but are there any really common individual pieces?

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Most of the early ones bring good money...

Most pre-Elvis is good..

The majority of Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee 45's are pretty common..

Some of the later releases, #300 and up are pretty undesirable with a couple of exceptions.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Most of the early ones bring good money...

Most pre-Elvis is good..

The majority of Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee 45's are pretty common..

Some of the later releases, #300 and up are pretty undesirable with a couple of exceptions.

ahhh

thanks for the info

i will look into what i can grab and report back

something tells me they will be pretty common or really rare and scratched

thats just how i get down

but yea... thank u

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    also, on a lot of the early releases, for definite first-pressings, look for "push marks"...3 faint circles on the lables...the pressing machine where all the early Sun 45s were pressed, Plastic Products, had this apparatus that pushed the records off the plates and left these little marks...fools wanting "Thats All Right", and "Bearcat" and the like look for these marks.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    also, on a lot of the early releases, for definite first-pressings, look for "push marks"...3 faint circles on the lables...the pressing machine where all the early Sun 45s were pressed, Plastic Products, had this apparatus that pushed the records off the plates and left these little marks...fools wanting "Thats All Right", and "Bearcat" and the like look for these marks.

Absolutely...

And as I had to explain to a very sweet old lady once...

There are no original Elvis Sun 45's on colored vinyl!!!!