MY STORE FLOODED. tips?

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    keep yo head up paycheck
    brighter days better ways
    i just lost a copy of bedazzled and some other rare lps sold on ebay this week
    due to my "neighbors" above me using a washing machine which they aren't supposed to own or use
    i am takeing off the rent
    minor flooding,2 crates wet
    out of cash$$$ and now possibly negative feedbacks on egay

Don't take it off the rent - that's normally a lease violation and you can get evicted. Negotiate first.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    It's times like this when I want to kick Bobby McFerrin really hard in the nuts.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Sorry to hear about the mishap, Jonny. Take it easy. Things got to get better!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Sorry to hear about the mishap, Jonny. Take it easy. Things got to get better!

B/W

Paychecks...hold on. Don't forget to breathe.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    When it rains, it pours.

It appears now that my car was stolen.

I'm going to go back to bed and hope that this is a bad dream.

I hope that for at least one day SoulStrut dudes have been able to restrain themselves from hitting you with gripptastic PMs.

Please provide a list of water-damaged titles and discounts you will be offering I have mad rare.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Some of the beautiful reggae LPs I bought last week were damaged.

That's a cotdamn shame. Thankfully reggae collectors are used to jacked up records so
    maybe it's not as bad as a collection of OG Blue Notes or something.
    Will there be a "water damage" sale.
    Holla I'd cop some joints, I like records in good condition but I'm not above getting at things
    that are in less than optimal condition.
    Sorry about your run of bad luck JP.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    DAMN! j.p. sorry to hear that. It happens though, you will bounce back even higher im sure.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I hope that for at least one day SoulStrut dudes have been able to restrain themselves

Well, he did wait until it was a new day:

Re: MY STORE FLOODED. tips? [Re: Jonny_Paycheck]
    #868744 - 05/12/07 12:18 AM[/b] (67.183.65.251)

Holla I'd cop some joints

I hope that for at least one day SoulStrut dudes have been able to restrain themselves

Well, he did wait until it was a new day:

Re: MY STORE FLOODED. tips? [Re: Jonny_Paycheck]
    #868744 - 05/12/07 12:18 AM[/b] (67.183.65.251)

Holla I'd cop some joints

I sent my condolences, and offered my help.
    You get lemons, make lemonade right?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    What are the pertinent issues to rescue the jackets and such.

thanks.

Can't you just fill it with Rice ???

Im kidding, Sorry to hear about the misfortune.

Your a virgo right? I think its something in the air this week for us. Ive had a case or two the past couple days that has been bad news left and right and all of the answers I didnt want to hear. Anyways, I hope things get worked out, cleaned up and located. Good luck.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    fuck man, so sorry to hear that.

I agree with sport casual, it sucks that all those water damaged records were in your trunk.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Well it looks like the dehumidifier really helped. Of course there will be some stained covers, but most of them are still usable. Very glad I ended up stacking them per JimBeam's advice, one I left out of the stack looked like the St Louis arch when I came back after a couple hours.

I hated turning away business all day more than anything.

The ticket on my car was 1/3 of the potential towing cost, so there's a silver lining.

And the Warriors kicked ass last night.

Thanks everyone for your help and good wishes.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    sorry to hear about this! stay up!!!!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i just saw this. sorry jonny

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Sorry to hear that mang. At first, I thought you got the bottom of the floor flooded, but the backroom, that just sucks. Sounds like you've picked up the pieces nicely though. Perhaps a vinyl backroom strongbox?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Very sorry to hear this Jonny.
    Hope this turns out alright and the insurance company won't leave you hung out to dry...
    I'll see you in a couple of weeks. Good luck!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    In accounting terms, I think this event would be classified as an extraordinary loss, both unusual and infrequent. right?

Sucks man. Hope you find more mind boggling raers to make up for these losses.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    When's the flood damage sale starting?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    didnt read the whole thread but daaamn G....water and recordcovers just doesnt mix at all!!!

GOOD luck clearing and drying those up, hope you didnt loose some in that mess...

peace.

I can't believe dudes up in here are talking about a flood sale. Damn.

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes. The shop is back up as of yesterday and everything's back to normal. New arrivals are in the bins. The insurance papers are a bitch but I'll be alright. All in all, not too bad considering. Probably 50-75 records damaged; nothing's a total loss.

• Options
    You missed out on a good opportunity to navigate the shop in a kayak.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The shop is back up as of yesterday and everything's back to normal. New arrivals are in the bins. The insurance papers are a bitch but I'll be alright. All in all, not too bad considering. Probably 50-75 records damaged; nothing's a total loss.

super glad to hear this

hopefully the biggest and last challenge your business will face

• Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
    Hey Johnny, Sorry to hear about the damage to your store and records. I was just there about a few weeks ago and it seemed like (and hopefully still is) a great place to shop. Was the pipe burst correctly fixed and not just a quick fix patch-up job? I guess you were already on top of it, but general rule of thumb, if you are in the basement or ground floor you want to keep you records off of the ground. Not only to protect againt possible floods but also to protect from dampness.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    so, when does the water damaged sale start?

Hey Johnny, Sorry to hear about the damage to your store and records. I was just there about a few weeks ago and it seemed like (and hopefully still is) a great place to shop. Was the pipe burst correctly fixed and not just a quick fix patch-up job? I guess you were already on top of it, but general rule of thumb, if you are in the basement or ground floor you want to keep you records off of the ground. Not only to protect againt possible floods but also to protect from dampness.

Thanks man. Yeah obviously it is not safe nor ideal to have boxes on the floor but I've been taking in records so quickly that the shelves overflowed and there's nowhere else to put the shit!

• Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
    I hear ya. One old trick I used to do when I had no choice but to but to keep records on the floor in a basement was to get pairs of old wood 2x4's and place the crates/boxes on top on them. I was a quick fix but It did work in keeping the records from getting wet. You be surprised, even a few inches off the ground can make a big difference.

it would've made all the difference Friday. Another strutter just Pm'd the same solution, I will definitely be wood grain gripping in the future...

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    I hear ya. One old trick I used to do when I had no choice but to but to keep records on the floor in a basement was to get pairs of old wood 2x4's and place the crates/boxes on top on them. I was a quick fix but It did work in keeping the records from getting wet. You be surprised, even a few inches off the ground can make a big difference.

cosign. even a short stack of flat priority boxes or some old books or whatever.

thats cool that so much new stuff has been coming in there. spring cleaning brings out the squirrels with their nuts!

it would've made all the difference Friday. Another strutter just Pm'd the same solution, I will definitely be wood grain gripping in the future...

If you have to keep stuff on the floor, putting them in the USPS mail bins should keep out any water too.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    spring cleaning brings out the squirrels with their nuts!

j,keep your head up...this is but a momentary dip on your ascent to greatness (sounds like a fortune cookie, right?)
    these setbacks cant hold you back...keep it rolling

holls.t