LIST ULTIMATE double lead guitar harmony cuts!

2»

Comments

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    "scarified"

i can't beleive you posted that
    it originally appeared on a flexidisk in guitar player at the height of the shred scene

• "scarified"

to me, he was the best part of this year's G3, but I really am not into John Petrucci.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I was never really into the "shred" dudes, the only guy who has done a G3 that I would want to see live is Eric Johnson.

I never got to see Racer X when they were a band so seeing G3 was the closest thing for me.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Im a fan of both harmony and effects...

I wouldn't say I'm an harmony dude to the exclusion of everything else, but more so I fan of decent solos. I'll take Ty Tybor over most shredders.

Nels Cline is a favorite of mine because he does the facemelt solo thing with a shit-ton of old analog stompboxes...one of the coolest guitar players to see live now-a-days...
    cant embed...but he is doing a guitar version of "Interstellar space"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcjAy3VtMVU

I will take some Nels Cline over Buttrock anyday.

- spidey

• "I Can Help" by Billy Swan!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /object1

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21Anybody like this? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21F*ck yes.b, 21b, 21This album shreds.b, 21b, 21Also, pretty much any Iron Maiden or Thin Lizzy. I've been told the first TL album is exceptionally good (though haven't actually heard it). There's only one guitarist but he over dubs second guitar leads and shit. Apparently it's Hott Schitt.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Also, pretty much any Iron Maiden or Thin Lizzy. I've been told the first TL album is exceptionally good (though haven't actually heard it). There's only one guitarist but he over dubs second guitar leads and shit. Apparently it's Hott Schitt. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Maiden were quite open in their Lizzy 'influence' (ahem). In fact there is a Lizzy tribute band from the Maiden 'hood called Limehouse Lizzy, who have a pretty authentic sound, so that East London area was a reknowned TL hotbed.b, 21b, 21In terms of the first TL album, it is often pegged these days as psych. The player was Eric Bell, who continued on for their first few albums before succumbing to mental and physical pressures. Whilst he was a competent bluesy player, there's no twin harmony action that comes anywhere near the GOAT heyday of classic era Lizzy.b, 21b, 21As previously mentioned, 'Southbound' is that joint.