"This is What I Mean - An Anti-Chargeback Machine"

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
OK, so I sold my Collins & Collins on eBay last night -I was excited to see it sell for my buy-it-now in lessthan 10 hours, but a little nervous - if not surprised atall - to see the location of my buyer, you guessed it, thehome of le bleu, blanc et rouge ... France. The guy has a prettysolid (300+ with 2 negs) feedback, so I'm not too worried, butI was hoping we could quickly re-cap what precautions, if any, a seller can take to avoid a chargeback when shipping to France.Any suggestions? And, yes, I realize it's a little late to ask ...And now, pointless graemlins:

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    nothing you can do to prevent a chargeback

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    If he hasn't paid yet ask for a money order. If he insists on paypal then you'll probably have to shell out a bit extra for some sort of increased shipping security. I don't think paypal will confirm French addresses, so they could claim they never got it. I only had one case like this where i was worried and I sent it registered with a return receipt (signature) and it worked out fine. My person only had 1 feedback and had only been a member for 3 months. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just make sure your paypal account is empty after you send it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Wear a berret for the estimated 7-10 days of shipping time. And hope that Bapt does not read this post, you infidel. Seriously though, there's nothing you can do. If the person has several hundred feedbacks you should have no worries.