EBAY SCAM??

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I keep getting this email for a listing that has like 5 more days left. Not sure if it's a scam or not. It seems to have a different name every time. I got about 4 in the last 2 days. Anybody else getting these? The email goes like this..."I'm the seller of the item that you've recently bided through the eBay system.Item name: ************ Item number: (*************) I`ve just been contacted by the eBay staff who informed me that due to some reasons the eBay policy automatically proclaims you to be the winner by default. I need your agreement on this so I can contact eBay to confirm you that you're the winner, otherwise I'll relist the item. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but I need an answer asap. You will have the oportunity to purchase the item at your last given price wich is US $***.** .If you agree my offer please respond this email or contact me at [email]seller1seller@hotmail.com[/email] . Thank you!:Notice the misspelling in "wich." I've already contacted the seller to see if it's him. No answer yet.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Massively

Did you even bid on the aforementioned item?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I`ve just been contacted by the eBay staff who informed me that due to some reasons the eBay policy automatically proclaims you to be the winner by default.

there's no such thing as 'default' when talking about ebay policy.. it's seems like they're trying to emulate a 2nd chance bidder offer.

stay far away from this troubleman. don't even email anyone. simply delete the email and step back and relax...

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I`ve just been contacted by the eBay staff who informed me that due to some reasons the eBay policy automatically proclaims you to be the winner by default.

Dude, seriously. Alarms should be going off like crazy. The idea that this could ever work on somebody is enough to make me want to start pulling the reverse on sellers.

I`ve just been contacted by the eBay staff who informed me that due to some reasons the eBay policy automatically proclaims me the winner by default. I will paypal you $16 immediately ($5 included for Priority shipping), and you will send me the Andrea Henry 45. Many thanks!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    yes, I had already bid on the item. I wouldn't dare respond to the suspect emails, just deleted them. I contacted the actual seller of the item and he/she had no idea people were doing this. Be careful everybody! It screamed scam from the start. Make sure you always are on your toes with the bay...there's some shady shit afoot.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Be careful everybody! It screamed scam from the start. Make sure you always are on your toes with the bay...there's some shady shit afoot.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i just got a fake second chance offer email yesterday.