Ableton now microwaveable

ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Last weekend I downloaded the new SL1 ASIO drivers from the Serat0 site and have the box hooked up to Ableton. Latency leaves a bit to be desired at this point, but it is nice having a spare 4-in / 4-out i/o.Anybody else try this?

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Last weekend I downloaded the new SL1 ASIO drivers from the Serat0 site and have the box hooked up to Ableton.

Latency leaves a bit to be desired at this point, but it is nice having a spare 4-in / 4-out i/o.

Anybody else try this?

please to explain more.. i've been wanting to mess w/ ableton for a minute now.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Last weekend I downloaded the new SL1 ASIO drivers from the Serat0 site and have the box hooked up to Ableton.

Latency leaves a bit to be desired at this point, but it is nice having a spare 4-in / 4-out i/o.

Anybody else try this?

please to explain more.. i've been wanting to mess w/ ableton for a minute now.

Basically, with ASIO drivers you can use your SL1 Scratch Live box as an audio interface. This gives you 4 mono or 2 stereo channels going in to your DAW, and 4 mono or 2 stereo going out. So you could potentially record 4 different sources simultaneously, route and effect them in Abelton, and output 4 channels of audio to an external mixer or other outboard equipment.

Right now the driver is in beta and there is no config screen. I'm assuming once the driver is into RC1 or release stage we'll be able to adjust the latency via a control panel of some sort.