Mix Theives....

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone here know these guys?http://fhensofunkmusic.blogspot.com/index.htmlThey've been stealing my mixes (actually linking directly to my files) and altering the graphics to erase my logos.I've been e-mailing the one guy for about a week and though English is clearly not his strong suit, I thought he was getting the point.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Your mixes are now rubbing elbows with the likes of YANNI, dude! How can you be mad?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    wow, it's bad enough that your shit is getting bootlegged but they're altering the graphics? thats a whole new low

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    their blog/site is called :::original funk music:::
    artist 1. Lee Dorsey
    artist 2. Yanni
    didnt bother to go further than that.
    i think they are misleading anyone that might wander onto that site
    and its f*cked up that they are stealing your stuff then reposting it as their own.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Wackness of the highest order. Did anyone else catch the irony of the blogs name, "Original Funk Music"?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

They've been stealing my mixes (actually linking directly to my files) and altering the graphics to erase my logos.

If they're linking directly to your files, change the filename for the real mix (along with the link in your site so that everything stays the same on your end) then replace the file they're linking to with some Leo Sayer jam.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

They've been stealing my mixes (actually linking directly to my files) and altering the graphics to erase my logos.

If they're linking directly to your files, change the filename for the real mix (along with the link in your site so that everything stays the same on your end) then replace the file they're linking to with some Leo Sayer jam.

DO IT!

Re-defining the signifer is

• They've been stealing my mixes (actually linking directly to my files) and altering the graphics to erase my logos.

Y'know, I've been renaming the files, but hadn't thought about the second half of your suggestion (excellent idea!).

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts

Y'know, I've been renaming the files, but hadn't thought about the second half of your suggestion (excellent idea!).

link to some horrid polka...or ranchero shit...that would be hot...

• oldjeezyoldjeezy 134 Posts
    Alright, been lurking for a minute, this calls for my first post here. I'm the one that found this shit. When I informed Mr. Funky about it, I drew a big distinction between the few (like him, O-Dub, et al) that are educating folks via their blogs, as opposed to the jive-ass
    link jackers. BOO YAH!

Before you all jump on my ass, let me ask for the value of my still-sealed mint copy of Vaughn Meader and the First Family...it has this superdedooper break on it.

• Alright, been lurking for a minute, this calls for my first post here. I'm the one that found this shit. When I informed Mr. Funky about it, I drew a big distinction between the few (like him, O-Dub, et al) that are educating folks via their blogs, as opposed to the jive-ass
    link jackers. BOO YAH!

Before you all jump on my ass, let me ask for the value of my still-sealed mint copy of Vaughn Meader and the First Family...it has this superdedooper break on it.

Thanks meng! And welcome (though I am mainly a lurker myself these days...).

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts