The Coral Label??

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
i rarely run into releases on this label, but when i do its always extremes...either i will find an awesome record by some obscure group or i will find a Pete Fountain record at a Goodwillcan anyone school me on this label?

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    You get the odd jazz lp that is cool. I think I have an Al Cohn/Zoot Sims on Coral that is nice. Otherwise, some rock & roll stuff (The Crickets, Rock & Roll Trio). Locally here in New Zealand all the Brunswick soul stuff like Barbara Acklin, Jackie Wilson, Young-Holt Trio was pressed on Coral. I'd also like to know of any other cool stuff that came out on this label....

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    You get the odd jazz lp that is cool. I think I have an Al Cohn/Zoot Sims on Coral that is nice. Otherwise, some rock & roll stuff (The Crickets, Rock & Roll Trio). Locally here in New Zealand all the Brunswick soul stuff like Barbara Acklin, Jackie Wilson, Young-Holt Trio was pressed on Coral. I'd also like to know of any other cool stuff that came out on this label....

i came across some dope LP on this label with soliders marching on the cover

i dont know the name though

FUCK

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Buddy Holly (with and without the Crickets) appears to be their biggest act as far as the rock/soul continuum goes, but they seemed to lean more towards middle-of-the-road pop like Teresa Brewer, Pete Fountain and the McGuire Sisters. Coral was a Decca subsidiary, until both labels got folded into MCA in early '73.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    i rarely run into releases on this label, but when i do its always extremes...

either i will find an awesome record by some obscure group or i will find a Pete Fountain record at a Goodwill

can anyone school me on this label?

There pressings, and Deccas, always seem kinda low end to me. Brittle vinyl. Am I tripping.

• if you collect braeks you need to pick up R.A.W. "holly" on coral. peace, stein. . .

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    if you collect braeks you need to pick up R.A.W. "holly" on coral.

updated 70s rock versions of buddy holly tunes!!!

damn, even brunswick never exploited jackie wilson like that!