These 2 LP's Have Been Kicking My Ass This Weekend

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Great Soul Dub-Wop with a version of "So Fine" that is I may be born again by the morning.....

Comments

• That George Faith is great Rich. Lee Perry production.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I got that 2nd album about 2 years ago in NJ. I have not listened to it however.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I got that 2nd album about 2 years ago in NJ. I have not listened to it however.

Put it on now.....loud.....make sure the folks in your neighborhood coming home from church hear it.......then pass a collection plate up and down your street!!

• the george faith "so fine" , is that a cover of the howard johnson song or ?

what label is that on?

• I got that 2nd album about 2 years ago in NJ. I have not listened to it however.

Put it on now.....loud.....make sure the folks in your neighborhood coming home from church hear it.......then pass a collection plate up and down your street!!

Is it fonky? Any trippiness? Soulful gospel?

• the george faith "so fine" , is that a cover of the howard johnson song or ?

what label is that on?

I don't have that LP, but I believe it's on Mango and would have come out earlier than the Howard Johnson song. (When "So Fine" was originally mentioned, I figured it was the doo-wop classic that the Fiestas made famous.)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Yep, it's the late 50's doo-wop classic

GP - slightly funky but just good ol hard core gospel with multiple lead singers.