I never liked Coldcut or Simon Harris...

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Those clowns never did anything worth while in music.

Comments

• I suspect this is a joke thread in reference to the others, but by christ the Junior Reid acapella over street beats vol2 off of 70 minutes of madness still gives me a semi, every time I hear it.

• Those clowns never did anything worth while in music.

I disagree big time.

I'm not going to get into a debate, other than to say I'm a fan of both. Harris is apparently DJ'ing again, after being behind-the-scenes for awhile. His production company made one of the best Run-DMC documentaries I've seen so far, partly because it's not an MTV revisionist piece of shit.

I've been a fan of Coldcut since the "People Hold On" single, and of course What's That Noise?[/b] and have always went out of their way to do something different with each album and/or project. A lot of people are way behind on what they're doing, and sadly the only way people in the U.S. will ever care is if it's used for a Budweiser commercial. Just like the Chemical Brothers.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    But these are just some silly brits who ripped off what was being done in the US for years. If you like these guys, you don't like Hip Hop.

Don't get me started on their ass attempts to mix hip hop with other genres.

Aren't you fools tired of coming across Beats, Breaks & Scratches records out in the field?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    coldcut were chopping drums and samples before most of you were out of diapers

ninja tune is a great label with hundreds of releases
    those guys have done always been politically/ socially aware and concerned about the earth and it's moronic inhabitants-humans since day one
    not just selling booze or some cheezy lifestyle with their music
    your loss if you want to be a closed minded ass been hurt clon

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    i like cut and paste stuff so im a big fan of early coldcut 12's like " say kids " and " the music maker ". that said they did make some truely lame records too.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I don't dig their music too much but I don't have a problem with them.

• wont talk about it.

beats international

edit of family tree as well.