Quebec 45s

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Man there is no end of cool stuff on these... I just picked up two: La Revolution Francaise - Y'Mouille a Sciaux funky rock, with a mercifully short guitar solo. I've had another 45 by these guys, but it wasn't this good. L'Armisits - Ma Vie French cover of 'Vehicle' on the R&B label (don't know this one - anything else good on it?).Has anyone made a list of cool Quebec 45s? A TransWorld compilation, or anything like that? I tells ya, the world needs it!

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Shh! Waxing Deep is on it! (Well, not a 45 comp, but just a Quebec-centric comp).

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Will there be any Peloquin Sauvageau on this comp?

Sup Sooks! Hope everything is going well.

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Another Quebec 45 to check out is Carole Breval's cover of "Funky Broadway" on Panorama.

• "quebecois... quebecois... quebecois...."
    REVOLUTION!!!

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Another Quebec 45 to check out is Carole Breval's cover of "Funky Broadway" on Panorama.

This song makes me think of a drunken roadhouse party.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Shh! Waxing Deep is on it! (Well, not a 45 comp, but just a Quebec-centric comp).

what variety funk or the folk type or

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

• scurlscurl 75 Posts
    Queerbec

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Queerbec

True on this first post.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Man there is no end of cool stuff on these... I just picked up two:

La Revolution Francaise - Y'Mouille a Sciaux

funky rock, with a mercifully short guitar solo. I've had another 45 by these guys, but it wasn't this good.

L'Armisits - Ma Vie

French cover of 'Vehicle' on the R&B label (don't know this one - anything else good on it?).

Has anyone made a list of cool Quebec 45s? A TransWorld compilation, or anything like that? I tells ya, the world needs it!

i have a blog devoted to french and quebecoise music:

tete carre

Revolution Francaise are ok, their singer used to in the Sinners and his stronger stuff is def. w/ them...

• vox populi is so sweet...
    and i'm a valiquette freak...
    thanks

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

tete carre

that great

i will be in touch this summer (project related)

any news on that quebec music site that was recently brought down it had a extensive write ups about literally every quebec musician

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

hey dan

make sure Q******** is included..PLEASE

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

tete carre

that great

i will be in touch this summer (project related)

any news on that quebec music site that was recently brought down it had a extensive write ups about literally every quebec musician

what was the name of that one again?

sometimes some of the entries are the same as on the general canadian sites...

retrojeunesse60 is a good site for quebec stuff...

yeah, hit me up, i'm around...

• love me some quebeckers.

trans world, trans canada, tiger print labels, terrible disco 12's, west indian covers, weird gear out the ass.

my current favorite is the instrumental of the mexican. shhhh

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Just picked up two more...

Les Jaguars - Jaguar Shake - guitar shakedown on the Tournesol label.
    Claude Bouchard - Tu Veux ou tu veux pas - cool version w/ female vocals and Claude doing his best Gainsbourg impression. On Trans Canada.

I'll make some soundclips in a minute

• Anyone heard of this Walter Boudreau 45 with the b-side featuring L'Infonie Orchestra?

Was supposed to have been cut prior to the recording of their Vol.3 LP on Polydor...

Hope Waxing Deep is up on this...

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i'd like a copy of the early Walter Boudreau LP +3=4 on Phonodisque if any of you canadian fellows have a copy.