Music-related neighbors?

2»

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My neighbour woke me up some months ago by blasting Neil Young at 3AM. I was annoyed.

Don't lie it was Old Man he was playing.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Richard Davis lived 3 houses down. We would chill on his steps and drink lemonaide.
    He didn't like to talk about Van Morrison. Roscoe Mitchell and Clyde Stubblefield lived real close too. But I never drink 'aide with them. Richard was a professer of mine.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This dude Tyrone who was a drummer for B.T. Express used to live across the street from me (or rather I lived across the street from him; I then moved two blocks north). More recently, he backed up Pucho weekly at the Cotton Club. He also ran a label during the eighties called PNP (not to be confused with P&P) that put out a number of rap/electro 12"s, including one I really like by a group called the Sons of Harlem.

When I was in law school, one of the building's janitors had been a roadie for Mass Production--fascinating guy; he was also an amateur herpetologist.

• My next door neighbors right now (we also share the backyard with them):

Michelle

Alex (guitarist on left). Great LP BTW.

The guy who used to live across the street from my parents (after I went off to college):

Finally the guy who bought the house I grew up in, although he never moved in. My mom has his cell number. To the other neighbors he's known simply as "the rapper."