REP YOUR CHEESE (FOOD RELATED)

2»

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    The first time I cut one of those I almost puked. This one was definitely on my "I'm gonna go look for soemthing in the back" while I let someone else cut it for a customer list.

My nemesis of cheese was raclette (:raw:), that shit would make your hands stink through the gloves. Fuking krypton cheese.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I urge Bay Area heads to get familiar with some Cowgirl Creamery straight outta Pt. Reyes station.

they're the definitive yuppie cheeses, clocking in at about $20 a wheel, but they've got the stinky-creamy game on lock.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Pecorino Romano - I keep a block of this in the fridge.

Pepper Jack & Muenster for regular tasks.
    Mozzarella for the Italian cooking.
    Fresh Organic Goat Cheese is always in the fridge.

• Cheese is absolutely the best stuff on earth.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    unpasteurized, bacteria is my friend. Heat kills all flavour, heat is not my friend.

of course parmigiano reggiano, check that stamp.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I used to work at wholefoods in the cheese and wine department. my favorites are definitely cypress grove's midnight moon and purple haze,fiore sardo, a nice aged manchego, buffalo mozzarella is nice, bucheron, parrano,garotxa.

They have a nice Manchego. I'm all about Robusto and their other hard, crumbly cheeses. I appreciated their Midnight Moon also.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,091 Posts
    Pepperjack

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I just pulled some cambozola out, now the agonizing wait to let it rest to room temperature.

damn I want to eat it now.

• ranch chicken pizza!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,091 Posts
    ranch chicken pizza!

haha...stoner food

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Humboldt Fog![/b]

A goat cheese made by Cypress Grove Chevre in peacefulrotation's hometown, Arcata.

Our signature offering, Humboldt Fog?? is an elegant, soft, surface ripened cheese. The texture is creamy and luscious with a subtle tangy flavor. Each handcrafted wheel features a ribbon of edible vegetable ash along its center and a coating of ash under its exterior to give it a distinctive, cake-like appearance. An American Original!

I think "vegetable ash" is short for "weed dust."

BEAT ME TO IT!!!! Hands down....best there is (when it comes to spreadable cheeses). SOOOOOO AMAZING.