Mike Evans- R.I.P.

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Mike Evans played the OG Lionel on the Jeffersons and All in the Family. Meathead's homie.Dude co-created/wrote GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!!! Little Micheal Evans was a the younger brother's name on Good Times.Rest in Peace.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Damn. RIP "Lionel"

Speaking of Mike Evans and Good Times, has anybody been following Eric Monte's story?

Monte eventually fell on hard times and developed an addiction to crack cocaine by 2003. As of April, 2006, Monte had declared bankruptcy and was living in a Salvation Army homeless shelter in Bell, California. He appeared to be maintaining sobriety, as the shelter required regular drug tests. He was actively pursuing further attempts to sell television and film scripts, as well as a self-published book called Blueprint for Peace.

I just read he's doing better now and moved back to Chicago. Hopefully he gets back on his feet.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Damn. RIP "Lionel"

Speaking of Mike Evans and Good Times, has anybody been following Eric Monte's story?

Monte eventually fell on hard times and developed an addiction to crack cocaine by 2003. As of April, 2006, Monte had declared bankruptcy and was living in a Salvation Army homeless shelter in Bell, California. He appeared to be maintaining sobriety, as the shelter required regular drug tests. He was actively pursuing further attempts to sell television and film scripts, as well as a self-published book called Blueprint for Peace.

I just read he's doing better now and moved back to Chicago. Hopefully he gets back on his feet.

Wasnt he recently interviewed in Wax Poetics?

• I was just reading that less than 10 minutes ago.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    oh this is the guy in the new wp!?
    wow.
    my prayers go it to his fam and friends. quite a pioneer in television.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Damn. RIP "Lionel"

Is he? I was just reading it but I must have missed the article. I read something the other day in the LA Times about it.

• Damn. RIP "Lionel"

Is he? I was just reading it but I must have missed the article. I read something the other day in the LA Times about it.

you where too busy checking out the Stephanie "Superhead" Ad.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    oh this is the guy in the new wp!?
    wow.
    my prayers go it to his fam and friends. quite a pioneer in television.

No this guy in WP worked w/ Evans on Good Times.

Mike Evans - actor/writer

Eric Monte - producer/writer......Cooley High amongst others.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• Myself, I had been wondering what Mike Evans was up to even before he died.

He left The Jeffersons for a few seasons, came back, left again, and that was the last I heard of him. Any cause of death?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Myself, I had been wondering what Mike Evans was up to even before he died.

He left The Jeffersons for a few seasons, came back, left again, and that was the last I heard of him. Any cause of death?

Throat cancer.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Damn. RIP "Lionel"

Was this off of Wikipedia?

as I've mentioned before Eric Monte is an idol to me and probably the biggest influence in me going into television production. Wikipedia did not truly look into their research and whoever posted that piece of info wasn't coming with correctly. I was able to get in contact with Eric Monte earlier this year and he denies having a crack addiction. He resides in Chicago and has a pretty bad taste in his mouth from working within the industry to paint stories he thought the world would like to see.

This is one under appreciated dude.

Mie Evans is another guy that never really got his shine and its no accident that the Michael Evans character on Good times was so pro-active in his approach to social and family issues (its just a shame they had to put that personality into the cute, non-threatening little kid on the show).

Rest in Peace Michael you did much and you did it without wanting or expecting anything in return