What to get a toddler for Christmas?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
My niece is 18 months old. What do you get a kid this young for Christmas?

Comments

• toys dude

• j/k dude, get her toys. my goddaughter went nuts when I got her a cabbage patch doll last year.
    or just get her lib lps wit mad loops an ill drama stabz yo

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    what's a toddler gonna do with cg guns?

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalo...LKOgpejzb_DiiwQ

- spidey

• books!... everybody is going to get her toys... every year my daughter just HAS to have these toys, and she doesn't give a shit about any of them by december 27th, but she always goes back to the books

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    books!... everybody is going to get her toys... every year my daughter just HAS to have these toys, and she doesn't give a shit about any of them by december 27th, but she always goes back to the books

Books are never a bad look. My daughter (who is't much older than your niece) likes "Harry the Dirty Dog" series at her current age.

Toy-wise, sorting balls (diff shapes/colors) would be age-appropriate. As would building blocks. Magnetic alphabet letters are fun too.

Thinking stuff to develop her skills. No electronic bullshit or talking Elmo crap either.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    books!... everybody is going to get her toys... every year my daughter just HAS to have these toys, and she doesn't give a shit about any of them by december 27th, but she always goes back to the books

Books are never a bad look. My daughter (who is't much older than your niece) likes "Harry the Dirty Dog" series at her current age.

Toy-wise, sorting balls (diff shapes/colors) would be age-appropriate. As would building blocks. Magnetic alphabet letters are fun too.

Thinking stuff to develop her skills. No electronic bullshit or talking Elmo crap either.

absolutly.

My son (17 months) is mad about books, the toys end up strewn around the house in various states of disrepair, but the books are always popular.

another good reason to get a book is you can write a short note in the inside cover, when she is older it will be good to look back on.

• my kid is crazy into thomas the train stuff...cars and yellow busses. books are great for toddlers...probably some public enemy cds, too