Tower Records Blowout E-Braggadoccio

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    that place is a mad house.. they are selling their furniture. feels like a corporate garage sale.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    that place is a mad house.. they are selling their furniture. feels like a corporate garage sale.

Isn't that what it is, basically?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    They were up to 50%-60% off a few weeks ago.

Pretty picked over at this point, but I got most of my XMAS gifts there for half off.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    yea... but in the worst way... my digger temperment was truly tested as i was knee deep in crap. plus the people in their made me wanna vomit.

i was kinda glad that place went down and that was my motivation for going in there--to stand amidst the corporate denigration.

dumb idea.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i went there on my lunch break the other day and started pulling cds until i basically couldn't carry them around anymore. lots of bay area rap for $1.50 each. then i thought to myself that the only reason i'm buying these is that they're so cheap and i probably will rarely listen to them so i put them all back. i did get the sunglasses are a must dvd for $8.

• We scooped a bunch of their CD store racks for our shop...our CD room looks professional now! got them for $20 a piece...ya cant beat that. Also a couple thousand of those security CD lock things, its been a pain in the ass putting the CDs in those things...

• They were up to 50%-60% off a few weeks ago.

So......now they are charging regular price?

• They were up to 50%-60% off a few weeks ago.

So......now they are charging regular price?

no shit...when it was 70% off here...it was basically wholesale.

ya wonder why they went under...

• i went there on my lunch break the other day and started pulling cds until i basically couldn't carry them around anymore. lots of bay area rap for $1.50 each. then i thought to myself that the only reason i'm buying these is that they're so cheap and i probably will rarely listen to them so i put them all back. i did get the sunglasses are a must dvd for $8.

yeah there was soooo much tepid Bay shit. I know bay shitt pretty well having grown up here, but I admit there were a few I had NEVER heard of. I did, however, buy out their whole stock of the first Herm compilation, which for some reason had been overlooked. and yeah, I picked up the Sunglasses is a Must and then immediately remembered how whack it was.