TERMANOLOGY - WATCH HOW IT GO DOWN

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
What is the verdict on this kid? This joint with Primo is decent. Anyone else feelin' this?

Comments

• Bought the 12" and the remix 12:...

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

I haven't followed Primo the way I did in years past. So I can't say that
    all his output has been same 'ol same 'ol, but certainly everything I've heard
    has been super boring to me, including this...
    It gets a major
    in my book.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    It took me a minute to get into it, but dude was spittin' hot fiyah

It's not some crazy earth shattering shit, just some straight up classic primo with a good mc (which is cool by me).

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

It gets a major
    in my book.

You don't like rap music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That was pretty dope. Rap with a purpose, I like it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    not bad. better than most of the stuff I hear comin' out these days.
    some parts of the vid were tight and some were cheese.

oh, and I've never really been a fan of other people lip-syncing the sampled hook unless you are seriously trying to fool people. I REALLY like when they get the original artist for that part in the vid ( ). ...or just don't do it...use miscellaneous shots/abstract.

• that's tight. I didn't want to like it because the drum kit is so damn boring but I liked the loop and the rapps are dope.

I really hate that lil breakdown he threw in there. Other than that it's pretty good.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The kid can rhyme. I would like to see/hear him cut the fat off his delivery. Everything is on top of one another. It's sounds like jibber-jabber after a while. Cant front on the hunger in his approach.
    Dude spits like Iverson shoots - a whole lot...... .

Hip Hop is not dead.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    The kid can rhyme. I would like to see/hear him cut the fat off his delivery.

I like it, just hope he calms down on other songs, an album full of word-packing on this level would be a heavy listen. A good look overall, for Premier too.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The kid can rhyme. I would like to see/hear him cut the fat off his delivery. Everything is on top of one another. It's sounds like jibber-jabber after a while. Cant front on the hunger in his approach.

Hip Hop is not dead.

I agree with everything said here.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Definitely too verbose for me to listen a whole LP if he rhymes like this on every track, but I'm liking this a lot. What does the remix sound like?

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    The Premo joint is OFFICIAL AS IS THE REMIX!!!!

I've heard a lot of the shit he's got on deck, and I'll put it out there now that the joint he's got from Nottz is

http://www.myspace.com/therealtermanology

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yeah hood politics 4 is pretty good

• The kid can rhyme. I would like to see/hear him cut the fat off his delivery. Everything is on top of one another. It's sounds like jibber-jabber after a while. Cant front on the hunger in his approach.

He can rhyme and my my statik is the cat who did the video, and is tight w/ primo so he hooked it up.
    for me, his delivery is aiight...same as what you said.

at my age tho...i have heard this all before, done much better, but its good to see the young uns try to come with this angle in a time where everybody thinks death/ crime is hip hop.

when jeezy said to monie, look at the sales # as far as units...keep in mind hammer, and vanilla ice did the same shit. i dont get it. i mean dodge sold maaaad neons, but them shits is wack.

because the drum kit is so damn boring

EXACTLY BOOOOOORINGG!
    I don't hear anybody claiming that this is classic Premier.
    I'd take any 93-97 Primo beat over this tepid shit.
    Listen to "Represent" or "Mass Appeal" and tell me
    this track is even 10% as good as those.
    I dare you!

It gets a major
    in my book.

If this is your litmus test for rap music,
    then you are correct.
    Rap sucks!

• His rapping? Pretty damn good.

His logo?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

He can rhyme and my my statik is the cat who did the video, and is tight w/ primo so he hooked it up.
    for me, his delivery is aiight...same as what you said.

at my age tho...i have heard this all before, done much better, but its good to see the young uns try to come with this angle in a time where everybody thinks death/ crime is hip hop.

when jeezy said to monie, look at the sales # as far as units...keep in mind hammer, and vanilla ice did the same shit. i dont get it. i mean dodge sold maaaad neons, but them shits is wack.

Man, this dude is from BOSTON, and hes not completely wack at all! SHouldnt you be a bit more supportive?

I mean come on!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    not really feeling or hating it but that xxl mag part put a smile on my face

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Man, this dude is from BOSTON, and hes not completely wack at all! SHouldnt you be a bit more supportive?

I didnt know this. That's extra for me.

• What is the verdict on this kid? This joint with Primo is decent. Anyone else feelin' this?

uhh sorry to have to bring this up, but...isn't dude white and doesn't he say "nigga" in the very first line?

maybe that's not a big deal anymore but I am shocked no one on the Strut wants to argue about this.

What is the verdict on this kid? This joint with Primo is decent. Anyone else feelin' this?

uhh sorry to have to bring this up, but...isn't dude white and doesn't he say "nigga" in the very first line?

maybe that's not a big deal anymore but I am shocked no one on the Strut wants to argue about this.

I can't comment on such issues, I've already been told it's none
    of my business.
    Not enough street cred...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    dude is a bright skinnded rican.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I can't comment on such issues, I've already been told it's none
    of my business.
    Not enough street cred...

You completely missed my point in that other thread.
    If ever there was a need for an "asshurt" graemlin it would be now.

THAT SAID, I think dude is Puerto Rican.

btw, "street cred"?
    You might want to stop watching re-runs of NY Undercover cause no one says that shit in real life.

It was a joke, and I got your point in the other thread.
    Did you get mine?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Mmm...not really. But anyway it goes

That's cool, maybe it wasn't crystal clear.
    I thought it was similar to Paul Nice's etc.