Who has the "GEEKIER" Fans?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Superhero/Comic Books vs. Sword & Sorcery/Fantasy Me and my co-worker are debating this shit. The new Aragon movie doesnt move me much and the dragon thang bores me. This led into a discussion about Superhero films vs Fantasy/S&S.......Lion Witch WardrobeAragon Lord of The RingsExcaliberNever Ending Story D&D and Rennaissance Fairs...... Tarot cards and shit.vsBatman BeginsBladeSpidermanX-MenComic Conventions and Video Games or Bad Rock can be associated w/ both genres.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Fantasy fans are hella geekier. They dress up more often, take on fantasy personalities, etc. Superhero fans, while often big fans of the concepts and will talk your ear off, don't have that gusto and losing touch with reality thing that fantasy fans often get.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fantasy fans are hella geekier. They dress up more often, take on fantasy personalities, etc. Superhero fans, while often big fans of the concepts and will talk your ear off, don't have that gusto and losing touch with reality thing that fantasy fans often get.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    OK
    They dress up more often, take on fantasy personalities, etc. Superhero fans, while often big fans of the concepts and will talk your ear off, don't as often[/b] have that gusto and losing touch with reality thing that fantasy fans often get.

Star Wars/Star Trek/Sci-Fi............That a whole 'nother Thread. Forget about it.

U sayin they both groups......

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Agreed. Comic-book fans are geeky, but they have nothing in their arsenal that compares with fantasy fans' live-action role-playing.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Agreed. Comic-book fans are geeky, but they have nothing in their arsenal that compares with fantasy fans' live-action role-playing.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

^WTF are these people?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I will say this - Fantasy Role Play seems to have almost
    as many geeky female fans as male fans...so at least those
    people are getting together in social groups and maybe even
    possibly making out with each other...

Comics dudes are straight home with Moms watching SNL
    every week, and not kissing no kind of girls never.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I will say this - Fantasy Role Play seems to have almost
    as many geeky female fans as male fans...so at least those
    people are getting together in social groups and maybe even
    possibly making out with each other...

I don't know, I work with a dude who wears a hooded cloak to work b/w pirate boots, and I would put serious cash on the fact that he's never even smelled a female.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

All the ladies that come to my house dont seem to mind all the Batman dolls on the walls......

"Sweetheart, have you ever heard of Sun-Ra?"

"Nah, Well check this album out."

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts

All the ladies that come to my house dont seem to mind all the Batman dolls on the walls......

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

SICK.

Gamers have got to be up there: