Let the tables turn: time to evaluate Mos Def

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Not impressed. He performed some of this when I saw him live and it was way below par for an artist of his calibur.

• an artist of his calibur.

which is what exactly?

• an artist of his calibur.

which is what exactly?

Red Ryder Air Rifle.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i am 2 tracks in and its good so far. rupauls album was better than his last one though, so not saying much

• BigBBigB 30 Posts
    an artist of his calibur.

which is what exactly?

Ex-calibur.

he doesn't sound hungry anymore.

• Dude has done well in his career honestly... and each time I see him live he kills it... I'm not saying I like every thing he has done.. but I like most of it

• Funny, his was easily the WORST rap show I ever saw (Fall 2004).

Dude should stick to Hollywood at this point IMHO.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Like most rap joints nowadays, this LP is a good EP.

• I really liked "Black on both sides"...everything since

He's got a bad case of Andre 3000-itis.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    hmm i kind of relaly liked this album, but only had it on in the background

Well then I'm guessing you don't see a lot of rap shows.. seriously no offense but you probably don't. Mobb Deep was fucking garbage.. they didn't even come on till 1:45am for "their show" .. Clipse were so fucking ackward on stage it got weird... etc.. and most shows only last about 5 songs..

Well then I'm guessing you don't see a lot of rap shows.. seriously no offense but you probably don't. Mobb Deep was fucking garbage.. they didn't even come on till 1:45am for "their show" .. Clipse were so fucking ackward on stage it got weird... etc.. and most shows only last about 5 songs..

Actually I've seen HELLA rap shows. Granted, I sorta stopped going on the regular these days because of all the bullshit. But I still went to like, what, 2 rap shows this year at least (which is enough at my age/station in life; I aint in high school/college anymore going to shows every week). So yeah...It wasn't even the only Mos Def show I've seen either. I saw him LONG ago and at least once in between, but seriously this show (it was in advance of the Next Danger or New Danger or whatever terd record) was jsut bad. He showed up HELLA late and then started clowing US for not giving him the love he thought he deserved. For real he was like 2 hrs late and then spent the whole time dissing the crowd. Didn't finish a single song; like 1.5 minutes of each of his new joints and then the old "wait, wait, wait a minute DJ, FUCK that shit, turn that shit OFF...let's hit 'em with the NEW shit," etc. REPEAT for every song. Lots of loud out of tune guitar riffs as I remember. For real Vinyl, I have seen MANY rap shows and this was awful. Maybe I caught him on a bad night, but nonetheless. I left early.

Actually I've seen HELLA rap shows. Granted, I sorta stopped going on the regular these days because of all the bullshit. But I still went to like, what, 2 rap shows this year at least (which is enough at my age/station in life; I aint in high school/college anymore going to shows every week). So yeah...It wasn't even the only Mos Def show I've seen either. I saw him LONG ago and at least once in between, but seriously this show (it was in advance of the Next Danger or New Danger or whatever terd record) was jsut bad. He showed up HELLA late and then started clowing US for not giving him the love he thought he deserved. For real he was like 2 hrs late and then spent the whole time dissing the crowd. Didn't finish a single song; like 1.5 minutes of each of his new joints and then the old "wait, wait, wait a minute DJ, FUCK that shit, turn that shit OFF...let's hit 'em with the NEW shit," etc. REPEAT for every song. Lots of loud out of tune guitar riffs as I remember. For real Vinyl, I have seen MANY rap shows and this was awful. Maybe I caught him on a bad night, but nonetheless. I left early.

that show sounds like shit.. Yeah .. I would have to say shows in general need to step it up to be worth the ticket price... peace