Forget Clipse. Let's talk about Jeezy.

124»

Comments

• Jeezy is good shit. Its love it or hate it music. Which is usually the best kind.

...or the worst.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    crook by the book > the inspiration

you really think so? I got to give it a couple more listens. I only scanned through it.
    i think it's a lot more consistent than the jeezy album even though it's 20 tracks. the only track on pat's album to me that was like standout weak was "you like" and even that track aint that bad. i do think that jeezy and pat tend to sound the same throughout most of these two albums but i guess i just like pat more than jeezy.

i think the production on let's get it was a whole lot better than the inspiration but there are still some beats that are crazy. although i really like both of the obvious club tracks on the album (kellz and timbo), i still dont think those kinds of tracks come naturally for jeezy and i think it hurts the album's consistency.

don't get me wrong, i think jeezy put out a great album but i just don't think it's as good as people claim it to be and i definitely don't think it's nearly as good as 101. the pat thing is completely personal preference and i totally understand if someone prefers the jeezy album. all i gotta say though is that after hearing "i ain't going back to jail" as the intro track, i knew pat's album was going to be the shit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    All I know is "Go Getta" has become my winter anthem.
    i still need to hear that on a club system

• although i really like both of the obvious club tracks on the album (kellz and timbo), i still dont think those kinds of tracks come naturally for jeezy and i think it hurts the album's consistency.

I'd say that Tim came to Jeezy on that one more than the other way around, but I see what you're saying. And the track that sounds most forced (and out of place) to me is the one with my girl Keyshia. I don't know...it worked with Akon.

i think the production on let's get it was a whole lot better than the inspiration

Yeah, I'd say that certain tracks on his first album definitely knock pretty goddamn hard.

better yet...