basics of crate digging by dj day

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
What up day? I was just reading this blog http://cratekings.com/and saw you got a shout out on this article. http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Study/9077/cratedigging.html?200615good shit

Comments

• That Day article is pretty old I think.

How about that blog, though?

"At night I lay in bed obsessing about drum layering, time streching, and conspiring on ways to chop samples faster while breaking them down in as few steps as possible on an MPC 2000XL."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

To get the fix I so desperately needed, I headed down the block to Cheapo records where there was an ample selection of Soul, Jazz and second rate repressings (I still don???t understand who buys these things, but that we???ll save that tirade for another day). I also found two crackheads in the back of the store screaming at each other about Bruce Lee, horror flicks, weight gaining tactics and workout tips. After digging for a while and having an intense self debate over an Idris Muhammad record with a taped cover, I ran across Odyssey by Charles Earland and Bridges by Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson (for those who don???t know this contains the sample for Brown Skin Lady by Black Star). All in all it was a decent day with great weather, dope records and dusty fingers.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

To get the fix I so desperately needed, I headed down the block to Cheapo records where there was an ample selection of Soul, Jazz and second rate repressings (I still don???t understand who buys these things, but that we???ll save that tirade for another day). I also found two crackheads in the back of the store screaming at each other about Bruce Lee, horror flicks, weight gaining tactics and workout tips.[/b] After digging for a while and having an intense self debate over an Idris Muhammad record with a taped cover, I ran across Odyssey by Charles Earland and Bridges by Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson (for those who don???t know this contains the sample for Brown Skin Lady by Black Star). All in all it was a decent day with great weather, dope records and dusty fingers.

YOU KNOW HOW WE DO

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

"At night I lay in bed obsessing about drum layering, time streching, and conspiring on ways to chop samples faster while breaking them down in as few steps as possible on an MPC 2000XL."

yeah that was a little but overall its a pretty decent blog.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    HA - holy shit that's old (like 5/6+ years). Like it says...the basics.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    No. He. Didn't.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    the bluetooth ear piece makes it official.

• I was in cheapo two weeks ago in their new location, and a guy was asking if he could lock his grocery cart up in the back.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    No. He. Didn't.

Ummm...this pic will definitely be added to my photobucket account.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I hold Waxpoetics solely responsible for the week I spent listening to Steely Dan???s entire discography and the funny looks that I received when talking to friends about how the group refused to performed live. The week after that I moved onto Funkadelic, researching the group???s history and walking around throwing up the funk sign at my place of employment. I also blame them for the Gabo Szabo record hunt I went on the summer before last, my inability to stop talking about how amazing Joe Zawinal and Weather Report were back in the day, and my ever growing collection of J Dilla (Jay Dee) unreleased beat tapes.

I can't wait until this guy discovers that MC Shadow.