(1) Copy of "USA Today"; Ice as Needed

2»

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

From that list of riders on the Smoking Gun, I would say the most outrageous request is the Rolling Stones needing a fucking snooker table and an entire snooker room to accommodate it.

Well, when you get to their level, it becomes a bit of a sport - asking for ridiculous shit just to see if you get it.

I once read an interesting variant on the famous story about Van Halen's rider requesting M&M's with the brown ones removed, and how this was somehow indicative of them being racist. I think Dave Lee Roth once said in an interview that bands will include bizarre requests like that just to make sure that the promoter actually reads the rider. If they fulfill all the crazy requests, then they're probably professional enough to take care of the important shit as well.

• From that list of riders on the Smoking Gun, I would say the most outrageous request is the Rolling Stones needing a fucking snooker table and an entire snooker room to accommodate it.

Well, when you get to their level, it becomes a bit of a sport - asking for ridiculous shit just to see if you get it.

I once read an interesting variant on the famous story about Van Halen's rider requesting M&M's with the brown ones removed, and how this was somehow indicative of them being racist. I think Dave Lee Roth once said in an interview that bands will include bizarre requests like that just to make sure that the promoter actually reads the rider. If they fulfill all the crazy requests, then they're probably professional enough to take care of the important shit as well.

It's always the details that get you fucked over with the bigger bands. I'm doing two dates with The Chilli Peppers w/ Gnarls opening and to even get the dates was an exercise in hoop jumping.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

From that list of riders on the Smoking Gun, I would say the most outrageous request is the Rolling Stones needing a fucking snooker table and an entire snooker room to accommodate it.

At least they bring their own table, right?

I like how Mary J Blige is referred to as "Mrs. Jefferson" all thru her rider.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Public enemy needs Kosher KFC?? I didn't know there was such a thing...

peace

h

• Public enemy needs Kosher KFC?? I didn't know there was such a thing...

I remember seeing a bunch of S1W's chowing down on Big Macs backstage at an early 90's PE concert.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Considering that the average box office alone for one
    Rolling Stones arena show is upwards of 2 million dollars, I think
    they can afford to be demanding. Not that I don't consider it absurd.