(1) Copy of "USA Today"; Ice as Needed

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    That's a modest list of requirements.

• and very reasonable. You should see Tim & Faith's

• That's a modest list of requirements.

Seriously. Having done some audio work in college, there are some completely absurd riders out there. This is like, still on the planet earth.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    its good to know he don't dig on swine

• Iggy and the Stooges rider:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1004061iggypop1.html

I dont know if this is or

• Why is it funny that dude wants a copy of USA Today?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Iggy and the Stooges rider:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1004061iggypop1.html

I dont know if this is or

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    The lesson here, as always, Iggy Pop is a genius.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i like the "Vibe" section, but I don't get the deej humor yet.

• The lesson here, as always, Iggy Pop is not enough of a draw for his band to bring their own gear on the road.

• The lesson here, as always, Iggy Pop is not enough of a draw for his band to bring their own gear on the road.

this is a rider for a euro show....not many american bands besides someone like Aerosmith take their own drums and amplification with them to Europe. Most(95%) bands playing in clubs/small theaters have the venue supply the gear. Makes transportation (remember, in europe, some streets are no wider than some hallways) easier and all power/electricity hassels a non-issue.

why is this in Bold? I am not trying to make a "strong" point or anything..it just came out in bold.

• that makes way more sense now. It came out in bold cuz you were

• "me never eat from the tree with the apple I'd rather have a Snapple"

Ice Cube - "Enemy"

• Can someone explain what's up with the "Dinner Buyout"? Is a bucket of chicken, 2 large pizzas, fruit trays and sandwich trays not "dinner"?

• Can someone explain what's up with the "Dinner Buyout"? Is a bucket of chicken, 2 large pizzas, fruit trays and sandwich trays not "dinner"?

The dinner Buyout is when the promoter or venue doesn't cater a hot meal for the band & crew so only Cube entourage gets money so they can eat before the show. The Local crew ususally has to fend for itself. The chicken & pizza would ususally come after the show and the fruit & deli trays would be there all day.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    (1) Hennessey (Please Hold for BR.[/b] He'll take this after settlement)

What does BR stand for?

The lesson here, as always, Iggy Pop is not enough of a draw for his band to bring their own gear on the road[/b].

Actually, The Stooges dont even really tour in the traditional sense. Iggy decides when and where they play, which is typically for a week or two at a time here and there all over the world. The band and crew just fly in and out, no tour buses and stuff, so it's not really possible to bring the whole backline and all that with them. Probably saves them a ton of $ too.

not when it has to be set out at 3:00pm as specified.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Can someone explain what's up with the "Dinner Buyout"? Is a bucket of chicken, 2 large pizzas, fruit trays and sandwich trays not "dinner"?

not when it has to be set out at 3:00pm as specified.

pizza and chicken is snack foods and shit. Mostly for the entourage to munch on.

But this is really a very reasonable list. You should see diddy's.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    where can i see more lists? like really wierd specific ones. for some reason u2 and a baked potato or something comes to mind

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    where can i see more lists? like really wierd specific ones. for some reason u2 and a baked potato or something comes to mind
    smoking gun has some i think

smoking gun has some i think

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/index.html

• (1) Hennessey (Please Hold for BR.[/b] He'll take this after settlement)

What does BR stand for?

I am assuming BR are the initials of the road manager, and he will take the bottle after he is paid the money for the gig.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    haha CarrotTop gets paid????

hahahahahaha

• Junk food figures pretty highly doesn't it? Seriously though, I couldn't think of anything more annoying than having 20+ people following me around and mooching off me. Get out of here you parasites!!!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Why is it funny that dude wants a copy of USA Today?
    I would expect Harpers or something from ice cube. USA Today is the most non-partisan paper around, strictly middle of the road.

I didn't neccessarily think this rider was 'hilarious'

• When I worked at whole foods in philly this chick in my line bought $900 worth of food. All kinds of weird teas, flavored tofu, herbs, candles, and other assorted shit. She told me it was all for backstage at a Stevie Nicks show. She said she still had about 5 other places to go to get stuff for the list.

• From that list of riders on the Smoking Gun, I would say the most outrageous request is the Rolling Stones needing a fucking snooker table and an entire snooker room to accommodate it.

I find it kind of that Gnarls Barkley isn't willing to spring for their own Trojan Magnums.