Paging Vitamin: Current Rawkus Releases

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
What do you think of the new crop of Rawkus releases--cynical cash-ins or worthy successors to the greatest mixtape of all time?

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    im really digging that panacea shit. Its real chill and introspective indie hip hop. Im really feeling the beats. whoever is producing them, they have been freaking 16 levels on the mpc (chromatic tuning of a sample) which comes off pretty dope. Alot of people cant make that sound real hype, and they bust it out in every track. Im happy rawkus is trying to rejuvenate the underground again. And yes, soundbombing two is hands down the best mix tape ever made. That still gets regular spins in the car.

heres one of my favorite joints off the album.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/2d6odu

• im really digging that panacea shit. Its real chill and introspective indie hip hop. Im really feeling the beats. whoever is producing them, they have been freaking 16 levels on the mpc (chromatic tuning of a sample) which comes off pretty dope. Alot of people cant make that sound real hype, and they bust it out in every track. Im happy rawkus is trying to rejuvenate the underground again. And yes, soundbombing two is hands down the best mix tape ever made. That still gets regular spins in the car.

Vindicated at last. My faves of SB2 are crosstown beef, 1999 and Any Man.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    im really digging that panacea shit. Its real chill and introspective indie hip hop. Im really feeling the beats. whoever is producing them, they have been freaking 16 levels on the mpc (chromatic tuning of a sample) which comes off pretty dope. Alot of people cant make that sound real hype, and they bust it out in every track. Im happy rawkus is trying to rejuvenate the underground again. And yes, soundbombing two is hands down the best mix tape ever made. That still gets regular spins in the car.

Vindicated at last. My faves of SB2 are crosstown beef, 1999 and Any Man.

The fact that there are two of you = vindication?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I don't really follow the logic on the rawkus clowning of late. Some good stuff came out no the label: CF, Blackstar, um... other stuff I've forgotten about.

I mean, SB2 wasn't shit, but it wasn't MY SHIT either.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Customers who bought items like this also bought
    * Game Theory ~ The Roots
    * Food & Liquor ~ Lupe Fiasco
    * The Shining ~ J Dilla

something tells me these albums aren't for you daniel.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Customers who bought items like this also bought
    * Game Theory ~ The Roots
    * Food & Liquor ~ Lupe Fiasco
    * The Shining ~ J Dilla

something tells me these albums aren't for you daniel.

Oh, don't get it twisted--I am well aware that I am not a worthy listener; I merely want to know whether or not, in Vitamin's view, they uphold the legacy of the greatest rap label of all time(s).