Foul! Illegal Use of Patois. Serious NAGL

cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
We all know the guy....The serious reggae head who uses a little toomuch patois in their daily lingo. But this shit takes the cake:"Greetings to Each & Everyone,Inna Dis Ya Hard Timez mi mus?? Kick out some Nice Reggae L.P.??s outta mi Collecshan..."Yikes!!!!!!!http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    Item location: Hessen, Germany

• haha i'm reallly feelin:

"NO EUROS , $ , CHEQUES , MONEY ORDERS , PAY PAL or any other Raasclaat."

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    The best is the payment section:

"I Accept only Cash (Registered Lettah) in English Pounds !!! NO EUROS , $ , CHEQUES , MONEY ORDERS , PAY PAL or any other Raasclaat."

I've never known any seller to accept "Raasclaat" for payment...
    It really goes without saying.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    how can you tell from his location and his auction for a reggae LP that he's not jamaican?

????
    I've bought records from Jamaica, from Jamaicans many times and I've never seen anyone type their
    Patois accent in auctions or email. Do you see British sellers typing in a dialect, "Ello Guvna"? Or any
    other nationality or ethinicity making sure we "hear" their accent while reading their text?
    Authors have used this technique, to add authenticity to dialougue. Irvine Welsh, the Scottish author has
    employed this device in his writing, and it's super annoying and difficult to read.
    My guess is the culprit looks something like this:

• My guess is the culprit looks something like this:

• ????
    I've bought records from Jamaica, from Jamaicans many times and I've never seen anyone type their
    Patois accent in auctions or email. Do you see British sellers typing in a dialect, "Ello Guvna"? Or any
    other nationality or ethinicity making sure we "hear" their accent while reading their text?
    Authors have used this technique, to add authenticity to dialougue. Irvine Welsh, the Scottish author has
    employed this device in his writing, and it's super annoying and difficult to read.
    My guess is the culprit looks something like this:

Wow. Seriously. Where'd you get this pic?? That looks exactly like my boy Willi One Blood (you can't miss him in Leon/The Professional). Well... before he finally cut off his locks anyway.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Seller: jahzwiebel( 842 )
    Member: since Mar-28-01 in Germany
    Registered as a private seller

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i know jamaicans who use patois in text! its pretty self aware tho