WILD SYLE related question(s) PAP RELATED

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Does the Wild Style Theme (instrumental) originate from another track ??? If so, what track ???(Just to clarify, I'm not talking bout the inst WST version by Chris Stein from the WS breaks record). I'm talking about the music theme at the start of the movie when Zorro (Lee) is being chased out of the yard,.... It's the same theme as the WST but (clearly) a different track, with a more synth'ish based (thin) late70's/ early 80's sound, and somewhat different (in sound) from the other instrumentals recorded for the movie.... Maybe its just another version of the theme, also recorded by Stein...??? Or...?

Second question: Has anybody ever seen the original Wild Style breaks record for sale anywhere (ebay...) ??? If so, for how much ?.... Ultra ultra rare, how many copies where pressed originaly ? (I love the sound of this...) Does anybody know if the Music Of Life (1990) repress is an exact copy (track-wise) ?

that's about it...
peace-

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Rob, the owner of The Sound Library in New York has a copy of the Wild Style Breakbeats test press. He broke down the science about it over at the Vinyl Exchange message boards, complete with pictures... you might want to try ask over there again - http://www.vinylexchange.com/board/

peace.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Rob, the owner of The Sound Library in New York has a copy of the Wild Style Breakbeats test press. He broke down the science about it over at the Vinyl Exchange message boards, complete with pictures... you might want to try ask over there again - http://www.vinylexchange.com/board/

peace.

Yo DjSheep, thanks for the link, incredible, another vinyl message board, never heard of this one, how many of these boards are there,...I'm kinda new to the message board thing, actually soulstrut is the first board I've tried out... Anyways, I ran some searches over at the vinyl exchange board, wasnt able to find the post you mentioned, would you be able to set up a link from soulstrut that goes straight to the WildStyle post ???

• Regarding boards:

vinylvulture.co.uk
    Stones Throw
    vinyl exchange
    deepfunk
    raresoulforum or whatever it's called
    the-breaks
    cocaineblunts

and eurodisco

I guess there's plenty more...

Dress

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I have one of the original Wildstyle break records that Grand Wizard Theodore actually used for the performance in the movie / OST!
    If I remember right, it's the same tracks. Only difference I think is a slight difference in track order- like the song at the end of side A is put at the beginning of side B on the repress, or something like that. The OG is louder too, I think.
    I actually brought my copy in to TSL right after I copped it... I asked Rob was he interested in it, he played it real cool like "yeah, I'd be interested in that", knowing damn well he was ready to cream. Then I was like "SIKE!" (What up, Rob, if you're lurking... it's all just jokes, man!)

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Second question: Has anybody ever seen the original Wild Style breaks record for sale anywhere (ebay...) ??? If so, for how much ?.... Ultra ultra rare, how many copies where pressed originaly ? (I love the sound of this...) Does anybody know if the Music Of Life (1990) repress is an exact copy (track-wise) ?

that's about it...
    peace-

I asked the director of the film about the breaks record & he said he thought 500 of them were pressed & given out for promotional purposes. That's more copies than I thought were out there. He's gonna do an official repress of this soon.

Peace

h

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

that's about it...
    peace-

I asked the director of the film about the breaks record & he said he thought 500 of them were pressed & given out for promotional purposes. That's more copies than I thought were out there. He's gonna do an official repress of this soon.

Peace

h

500 units is also a lot more than I expected, more like 50 units(at the most) would had been my quess. This was a mystery record back in the day, we where always jokeing around/ talking about finding this, then the Music Of Life repress came out, that kinda cooled the subject down a little bit...
    Still it would be a dope subject to investigate(dig into) for a magazine like WaxPoetics, the way/ how it was made/recorded, stories from people involved ect....This has to be one of the dopest records on this planet !!!

KingKlast