Michael Anthony Bass Solo (monday comedy related)

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central

circa 1982

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've seen this live, circa 1992

• I've seen this live, circa 1992

really? he did the cowboy hat/bonanza theme in 92?

i like it when tumbles backwards, completely blown away by his own performance

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've seen this live, circa 1992

really? he did the cowboy hat/bonanza theme in 92?

i like it when tumbles backwards, completely blown away by his own performance

I don't exactly remember his repitour, but it was quite something to behold. His was my favorite of the 30min+ "solo" sets each member does (or did at this concert).

they also launched firworks at the end. real big ones!

• SOLO FACE!!!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My Jack Daniels Bass is unfadeable. Seriously this guy probably has lived the greatest life ever. No pressure to be the star, chubby fella banging playmate type groupies, wealthy beyond measure and basically anonymous in the world.

• I don't exactly remember his repitour, but it was quite something to behold. His was my favorite of the 30min+ "solo" sets each member does (or did at this concert).

honestly, ive been waiting a long time for this clip to appear on youtube. i have the whole concert of this on dvd. it's very spinal tapish but aside from the comedy, they play all the best vh songs.

i will say that although i find michael anthony completely cheesy, the hook up has helped me to appreciate his backing vocals which are kinda unfuckwitable

• "his backing vocals which are kinda unfuckwitable"

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This is trippy. I just got done watching a bunch of old VH live footage on Youtube.

Michael Anthony gave hope to bass players in an age where the noodlefest guitar hero reined supreme... plus he got like the coolest set of hair plugs in the biz.

• His backing vocals are also funny in that they are coming out of a guy who looks like he would kick the ass of anyone who is singing the way he does.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    This is trippy. I just got done watching a bunch of old VH live footage on Youtube.

Michael Anthony gave hope to bass players in an age where the noodlefest guitar hero reined supreme... plus he got like the coolest set of hair plugs in the biz.

Me too, I spent a good hour last week watching "Fair Warning"-era live footage on YT.

I gotta admit though, I almost enjoy watching footage of dudes playing "Eruption" in their bedrooms (or in tribute bands) than hearing/seeing Eddie play it himself:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,905 Posts
    As a bass player, it staggers me that a cnut can get up and solo armed with less material than Tabatha Cash's working outfit, and get off on his own "Talent". FOR FUCK'S SAKE. Motherfucker MUST have know of the existence of Jaco, Paul Chambers, Larry Graham.

w t f.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    As a bass player, it staggers me that a cnut can get up and solo armed with less material than Tabatha Cash's working outfit, and get off on his own "Talent". FOR FUCK'S SAKE. Motherfucker MUST have know of the existence of Jaco, Paul Chambers, Larry Graham.

w t f.

So it really is true - cocaine's a hell of a drug!

btw that's some serious cleavage Mr. Anthony is showing...
    he's like the Kim Novak of the Arena Rock circuit!

• btw that's some serious cleavage Mr. Anthony is showing...
    he's like the Kim Novak of the Arena Rock circuit!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Me too, I spent a good hour last week watching "Fair Warning"-era live footage on YT.

I gotta admit though, I almost enjoy watching footage of dudes playing "Eruption" in their bedrooms (or in tribute bands) than hearing/seeing Eddie play it himself:

honest to god there is a very funny movie to made about Eruption and its many admirers.