Why is this here

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Can someone please tell me why we bother subsidizing this thing? Why isn't it in the Netherlands or something where it belongs. It a joke, its like a perverse bizaro world joke of what it pretends to be.

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Can someone please tell me why we bother subsidizing this thing? Why isn't it in the Netherlands or something where it belongs. It a joke, its like a perverse bizaro world joke of what it pretends to be.

IT was a package deal with this building. Liberals get to spend several billion helping starving children and the conservatives get to spend 170 billion on missile defense. Seems like an even trade to me.

• the only difference is that the Missile Defense system appears to work.

at least some of the time.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The U.N. was a postwar institution created by the U.S. and therefore it's in America. Originally in SF and then moved to NYC. In terms of dealing with world crises, not the place to go, if you want other things like health, reading, etc. it's actually pretty good.

And the missile defense don't work unless you tell it a missile is coming and then tell it exactly where it's going to be, and then, sometimes, it might hit something. Otherwise, complete failure.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I heard it smells like sulfur

• this is my desktop image...i just love this painting. it does not reflect any real personal animosity to the building or institution in question.

martin kippenberger's UN:

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    the only difference is that the Missile Defense system appears to work.

at least some of the time.

you're such a kidder.