Katt Williams On 106 (Freestyle)

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xJ_45TIOGc&eurl= This dude surprised the hell out of me????? I think Jim Jones got shook.... I might have to buy the album -BALLLLLLLLLLLLLIN'!

Comments

• right, "freestyle." dude was weak. I love Jim Jone's vaguely male-model-esque outfits though. dude kills me. cam carries a lot of weight for that "crew."

• Weak compared to who? I dont see a lot of impressive "off the dome" rappin on BET these days. Plus the dude's got a lot of style - not some corny "cypher" shit a' la Supernat/Rhymesayers et all.

• Aside from the "goofy white guy" and the tons of eye-candy; Katt Williams is the best thing on "Wylin' Out". A show I somehow end up watching all the time.

• I celebrate Money Mike's entire catalogue.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Aside from the "goofy white guy" and the tons of eye-candy; Katt Williams is the best thing on "Wylin' Out". A show I somehow end up watching all the time.
    i always start watching it think it's stupid but end up watching the whole episode and yelling out "oh snap" or "damnnnnnnnn" every five minutse

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Katt Williams is the best thing on "Wylin' Out". A show I somehow end up watching all the time.

I thought the show was straight clownish, until a marathon of it was the only thing on a few weeks ago; I had it on for the rest of the day. Funny shit.

Kat's stand-up HBO special aired last Saturday. I missed it, but hope to catch a re-airing sometime this week.

Anyone catch "Yo Mamma" on MTV?

• Weak compared to who? I dont see a lot of impressive "off the dome" rappin on BET these days. Plus the dude's got a lot of style - not some corny "cypher" shit a' la Supernat/Rhymesayers et all.

man the bar is pretty low for rappers these days. their job is to at least rap to the beat and not trip over their syllables. dude could not handle it. is that too much to ask? i have not seen his comedy so i'm not saying shit other than he is not much of a rapper. and his punchlines were just corny references to the name of his crew. not real creative.

• i have not seen his comedy so i'm not saying shit other than he is not much of a rapper.

He's the best freestyler in comedy and probably in the hip-hop game period right now. That IS saying a lot about hip-hop these days...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    i have not seen his comedy so i'm not saying shit other than he is not much of a rapper.

He's the best freestyler[/b] in comedy and probably in the hip-hop game period right now[/b]. That IS saying a lot about hip-hop these days...

That above quote is straight ridiculous. Dude is funny but that shit was average at best.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

I DO! Was on vacation and saw a whole slew of them in a row a while ago. The white guy who won outright at the very end was just killin it. Totally out of leftfield caps on people. The show really goes with whoever is battlin, sometimes its dead, other times its great. Overall I think it's still good.

• i saw his comedy special on hbo last night. he is one of the funniest comics ive seen in a long time. that freestyle wasnt bad though for a comedian. You hear carlos mencia do that weak ass rapping on his show and shit sounds like ass.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I DO! Was on vacation and saw a whole slew of them in a row a while ago. The white guy who won outright at the very end was just killin it. Totally out of leftfield caps on people. The show really goes with whoever is battlin, sometimes its dead, other times its great. Overall I think it's still good.

Was this the guy who busted out a Green Card on dude's mamma and spoke on that other's chick's momma's uni-dread as a "monkey tail"?

I agree, the enjoyment of the show depends on the strength of the contestants; but what I saw on Saturday evening got to be pretty damn funny.

• [quote probably in the hip-hop game period right now[/b]. That IS saying a lot about hip-hop these days...
    That above quote is straight ridiculous. Dude is funny but that shit was average at best.

I'm exaggerating - but nobody is telling me who's a dope freestyler.

Admittedly

• that freestyle was pretty awful. i don't know where the "bar" is at, but it would have to be at some world record limbo level in order for Katt to be above it.

as for the show "yo mama".... . 90% of the jokes are recycled from decades ago, as is the entire concept for the show. aside from Jackass, it is the lowest common denominator of comedy.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Was this the guy who busted out a Green Card on dude's mamma and spoke on that other's chick's momma's uni-dread as a "monkey tail"?

I agree, the enjoyment of the show depends on the strength of the contestants; but what I saw on Saturday evening got to be pretty damn funny.

No, it was this geeky white guy that killed it against everyone he went against. I mean the off the wall stuff he came up with had me rollin.

• i saw his comedy special on hbo last night. he is one of the funniest comics ive seen in a long time. that freestyle wasnt bad though for a comedian. You hear carlos mencia do that weak ass rapping on his show and shit sounds like ass.

yeh I have no idea who let Mencia get his own show. I have tried to watch it and really, it's just bad.

• [
    yeh I have no idea who let Mencia get his own show. I have tried to watch it and really, it's just bad.

THE MAN SHOW FOR THE LATINO DEMOGRAPHIC.