HOLY SHIT! That's a Power Seller for reallies!

cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ...and most of those $20-$30 items on that page are going to
    double, triple, even quadruple in the next day and a half

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    uhhhh... where have you been for the last, like, 5 years or so?

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

• That Brief Encounter jawn...Is a yearly mortgage payment... but sweet

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    uhhhh... where have you been for the last, like, 5 years or so?
    I didn't say this was the first time I've seen dudes auctions, he's
    been around for quite a while no doubt. Just sayin' the batch he
    has up now is pretty fuckin' heavy. That Pekar avatar suits you
    mister cranky pants.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    funkyou must have earned some 100,000 USD by now. he's been selling crazy stuff. that auction might leave him with about 30,000 to 70,000 USD. CRAZY!!! and i think it's not his only eBay ID.

• http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZsonpau67QQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

this cat does the same when he is liting heavy...but then again there are tons of dudes out there like this, some go at it full steam, some just list gems when they want cash.

man , i know some guys in my city who have supplied dudes all over the world and they gets the sickest shit, dont even know what alot of it out of their interest is worth and they have NEVER touched ebay, they only sell out their house.

i know one guy that has sold porbably over 20 collections to a store such as cosmos back in the day, yet he never touched ebay. lazy!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    yes funk you is a baller
    since he is so popular his shit is jacked up by a 25-50% as compared to "real" market value

also ,i can't beleive holmes hasn't dried up ST Louis Yet
    the middle got stash

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Can't sleep..saw this post..wow!!!

On the first page alone, he has made $6096.39

That made me tired..

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    what are these TSG label LPs all about, and why am i not familiar with this label at all?

• what are these TSG label LPs all about, and why am i not familiar with this label at all?

i'm sure you must have heard of the legendary "Ricardo Marrero & The Group- A Taste"
    on TSG 805 incl. Babylonia, My Friend etc. ... it was pressed without a permission in 1976 & is a tough one to find.

• ...and most of those $20-$30 items on that page are going to
    double, triple, even quadruple in the next day and a half

or better yet, watch a gang of $15-20 lp's enter the twilight zone.

• yes funk you is a baller

edit: i've offended the record gods.

• what are these TSG label LPs all about, and why am i not familiar with this label at all?

i'm sure you must have heard of the legendary "Ricardo Marrero & The Group- A Taste"
    on TSG 805 incl. Babylonia, My Friend etc. ... it was pressed without a permission in 1976 & is a tough one to find.

Is the TSG LP by marrero hot? Does it have more decent tracks than "babylonia" and "my friend"? those are available on 45 (yo-qui-yu, not don press).

I asked this last time and nobody knew... still curious....

• yep...i know this has to bum everyone when they have a $15 piece and there is some dude who sells stuf and always gets this high ass dollar like his copy is golden compared to your. shit kills me.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    what are these TSG label LPs all about, and why am i not familiar with this label at all?

Is the TSG LP by marrero hot? Does it have more decent tracks than "babylonia" and "my friend"? those are available on 45 (yo-qui-yu, not don press).

I asked this last time and nobody knew... still curious....

that marrero is really rare. i have a cd of the corner gang and the eric dunbar. both i like a lot. i have re's of spice and the topics. awesome label...

fyou doesnt just get stuff in stl. i know he pops around indiana and the other states around him.

hes a good dude from the dealings ive had with him...

• I would also like to note that at least one of those records came from a collection in Connecticut that another dealer (should have) cleaned.

How it got to him I have no idea.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I would also like to note that at least one of those records came from a collection in Connecticut that another dealer (should have) cleaned.

How it got to him I have no idea.

I think we need a graemlin that can merge: +

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    yes funk you is a baller
    since he is so popular his shit is jacked up by a 25-50% as compared to "real" market value

also ,i can't beleive holmes hasn't dried up ST Louis Yet
    the middle got stash

Frankly, what surprises me as much are the items that seemed to actually sell BELOW what I would think the market could support.

For example:

The Priority One LP for $73
    The Freestyle Fellowship LP for $80
    The Diamond D 12" for $60
    Jazzy Sensation (albeit in VG condition) for $36
    Low Profile's first LP for $24
    etc.

I wonder if he just had so much product, a few things slid under the radar or maybe the market's cooled on a few of these titles?

That said, he made some crazy chingo bling off of other titles.

• Of course the dude makes hella chingo bling... however, as pointed out by the masta guru AP, so much cost goes into these sales, and supporting them, that you NEED to make that extra $$ off the common titles to turn a decent profit for yourself.

• Of course the dude makes hella chingo bling... however, as pointed out by the masta guru AP, so much cost goes into these sales, and supporting them, that you NEED to make that extra $$ off the common titles to turn a decent profit for yourself.

dude has bought himself a house from ebay proceeds and is only 25. he digs aggressively and once he got the lucci, he parlayed. jinx is right, he deals all over midwest, east and south--picking up collections from private parties and doing deals with a small group of sellers.

• They are doing a quantity business.... I think you can get deals from their auctions just like any other dealer who sells 1000s of records at once. They aren't sweating selling jazzy sensation for $36 or whatever because they get a good price on average.

These records aren't from a single collection, and probably represent months of buying. A friend of mine calls it "secondhand heat".... you throw up a few really hot records and sprinkle in some common stuff. Sometimes the junk gets ridiculously high. And if you've got a good rep...

It's good these dealers are around; those like AP and funkyou fill that gap between the local place who is easy to deal with but pays nothing, and ebay, which is a pain to deal with and pays pretty well.

• dude has bought himself a house from ebay proceeds and is only 25. he digs aggressively and once he got the lucci, he parlayed. jinx is right, he deals all over midwest, east and south--picking up collections from private parties and doing deals with a small group of sellers.

side question: i know a full time comics dealer who, even when he doesnt have a good year, he still files with the IRS all his income from ebay, and sends them whatever cut they get. he keeps records of every transaction, because when you think about it, its all out there for the IRS to see if they choose to audit you. i understand the casual seller not bothering with this, but for funkyou! types, and those who sell to supplement a retail shop, etc, do people keep track and send in the guvmints "share", or.. not? Has anyone ever heard of someone getting audited for ebay sales? Just curious. I know theres a lot of legislation being talked about, the tax on internet sales etc etc, but so far its not in effect. So what do people do out thurr?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    in germany, auctions are a gray area.

paypal needs an ID check after you recieved 6,500 Euros. i had to send in an official bill plus a copy of my ID card once. which is pretty weird. i don't know if the german government forced them to do that, or if it was just for paypal itself.

i think oficially, auctions are tax free for 2nd hand items. that's what they said about 5 years ago. there's a certain point at which the government has to leave the citizen alone. what would those eBay taxes be for? sales taxes have already been paid for the records. if not: bad luck! taxes have to be justifiable. and usually, private auctions are tax free (at least in germany).

i know the german government is about to change the law, because they noticed how much money is being made via eBay. and that people live off their eBay auctions. pretty strange IMO. they put taxes on everything! except air...

so it's a new item vs. 2nd hand item and a pro vs. amateur issue. 2nd hand items being auctioned used to be tax free for private individuals. like selling at the flea market or yard sale. it's different for people who live on their auctions though, i think. totally wack!

• nothing is tax free in America.