Tonight...

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I'm going to see Rakim and Ras Kass perform at Emo's. Looking forward to seeing what the crowd looks like...***This would probably be a good time for that hacky-sack jpeg, faux***

Comments

• I'm going to see Rakim and Ras Kass perform at Emo's.

Looking forward to seeing what the crowd looks like...

I think it'd be a pretty safe bet to say that they'll look like...you?

For what it's worth, I saw Rakim about 9 years ago and he put on a good show.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i saw rakim in philly with wu-tang a few weeks ago. he wasnt that good

• i'm deejaying in the Marina tonight (it's the the "weekend warrior" part of town). I haven't done it in a minute so it'll be fun in a strange way.

but imma pre-game it by getting my dig on (GM/OPEN MIND/AMOEBA RAP DOLLAR BINS)

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'm going to see M.Ward at Neumo's.

Looking forward to seeing what the indie rawker chicks looks like...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I'm going to see Rakim and Ras Kass perform at Emo's.

Looking forward to seeing what the crowd looks like...

whereas the crowd will be looking forward to what the music sounds like.

You know people go to concerts for the music right?

but yeah, maybe you could provide us with a postshow detailed description of how the crowd looked. really, that would be great.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Why do some of you have to be such chronic batches?

Anyway, the crowd was refrehingly old school. At best, I ran into my old friend Brandon aka the Mad One who I hadn't seen in almost a decade. For those who don't know, he's the infamous freestyler from San Antonio who got put on the Wake Up Show for weeks on end off of dropping a sample of his rhymes from a Los Angeles pay phone.

The evening alo marked the first time my wife and I had seen another good friend of ours since she was released from a brief stint in jail. If seeing Brandon didn't do it, then that definitely got us all emotionale.

There were some hack-sackers in the house for sure, but not like even a Project Blowed show at Emo's normally looks like.

My wife saw these 2 dudes who she hasn't seen since they used to be bumping Rakim and the like in her high school parking lot over 15 years ago. She said they looked exactly the same as they did back then.

I saw a couple of my pet hateurs working up the nerve to say some shit to me. But of course they decided against it.

Ras Kass's show was pretty darned good, as was Rakim's set. But honestly, unlike all of the real rap fans in Europe, I had more fun socializing than actually listening to music.

So sue me.

• Ha! Mad One hollered at me on MySpace a few months ago. I wish I had a copy of his old Wakeup Show freestyles. That shit was crazy.

I booked a show with me and him at Emo's (full circle, Rob) about...wow, 10 or 11 years ago. That's a good dude.