Parliament - do that stuff promo 12"

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
So, I picked up a second copy of Parliaments's do that stuff b/w handcuffs 12". If you've seen it, it's the one with the black cover.I looked it up and the cassablanca site lists only one pressing of this 12":NBX-871 Parliament: Do The Stuff / HandcuffsAnyway, I wack it on the deck and it starts just like the normal track. The thing is, the first copy I had of this 12" has 'do that stuff' beginning with a really nice open drum break before going into the melody that Nice and Smooth sampled.Anyone else aware of two different pressings of this 12"? Is this common knowledge?

Comments

• News to me. I've seldom seen that 12" and never heard a mix different from the LP version.

Oh, and...

I wack it on the deck

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I wack it on the deck

Yeah, nah I hardly ever see it either, and it isn't the kind of thing I thought would have had too different pressings.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I have the regular black & white copy too, with the full [i]Clones Of Dr. Funkenstein[/b] photo on the back, also in black & white. I'm not aware of another version of the 12", stock or promo, so... didn't the live version start with open drums?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I dunno about the live version, but the first copy I had found of this 12" with the same cover you speak of has a version of 'do that stuff' that begins with open drums - 4 bars I think. I'll check it when I'm home on the weekend.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I dunno about the live version, but the first copy I had found of this 12" with the same cover you speak of has a version of 'do that stuff' that begins with open drums - 4 bars I think. I'll check it when I'm home on the weekend.

Interesting. Let me know if it's on there.