SUPER STUPID/Obligatory NEW WAX POETICS POST

2»

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

but "Red Hot Mama" is the heaviest song ever.

The version on Osmium?

it isnt on the Osmium LP, only the CD issue called "rhenium", which is all the parliament Invictus catalogue.

• but "Red Hot Mama" is the heaviest song ever.

The version on Osmium?

it isnt on the Osmium LP, only the CD issue called "rhenium", which is all the parliament Invictus catalogue.

Oops. My bad. Yeah, I meant "the version on the FIRST THANGS cd?". I think this is the same as "Rhenium".

• I browsed this issue in tower the other day, I know there was a section on the early parliaments stuff but I diddnt see mention of my personal favorite track.

Ooh ahh yeah, you're so sweet (x2)
    The goose that laid the golden egg
    Was an extraordinary goose (real, real goose)
    Now just imagine a goose laying a golden egg
    Why it's a dream come true (real, real goose)
    Oh, you don't lay no golden egg
    But you're a golden goose to me
    Ooh ahh yeah, you're so sweet

Now I'm as happy as a monkey with a peanut machine
    Since I found you (I found you)
    Just imagine a monkey with a peanut machine
    It's a dream come true (dream come true)
    Oh but I don't need no nut machine
    Because I'm nuts all over you
    Ooh ahh yeah, you're so sweet

Hey babe
    Yeah-heah, babe
    You're my goose that laid the golden eggs, babe
    You're my peanut machine
    Hey babe!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    there is a parliament 'red hot mama' 45 on invictus, I think it has 'little ol country boy' on the other side?

---

i know there is a 45...but "little ol country boy" is the flip to "I call my baby pussycat"

I believe "Little Ol' Country Boy" is the flip to every Parliament 45 on Invictus. I just copped the Red Hot Mama 45 from Manship, it was like $25 with shipping from the UK, I have no idea what it usually goes for but I pretty much never see it so I jumped on it.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    there is a parliament 'red hot mama' 45 on invictus, I think it has 'little ol country boy' on the other side?

---

i know there is a 45...but "little ol country boy" is the flip to "I call my baby pussycat"

I'm holding the 45 in my hand bitch

the flip is 'country boy'

don't tet

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

---

I'm holding the 45 in my hand bitch

the flip is 'country boy'

don't tet

oh shit, they musta really liked that tune, or ruth copeland gave A LOT of blowjobs!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    ruth copeland

HOT OR NOT???

---

• I've picked up the first two Copeland solo efforts, and am definitely feeling I Am What I Am more, though I wasn't really into Self Portrait at all when I first played it. I think there are moments on I Am What I Am that are brilliant, but otherwise her pitch can be dodgy in places. I think she might be a better writer than she is a performer.
    On the Zorn tip, Ken Vandermark's Spaceways Inc group recorded a record of Sun Ra and Funkadelic tunes (13 Cosmic Standards) with Red Hot Mama into Super Stupid. I can't say all the tunes come off that well, but it's a cool record nonetheless.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    ruth copeland

HOT OR NOT???

---

Musicially, there's some heat on those Ruth Copeland records. There's a pretty good cover of the Stone's "Play with Fire" on I Am What I Am, and Eddie Hazel and Tiki Fullwood really bring it on "Your Love Been So Good to Me" off of Self Portrait. If you dig some of the wackier musical moments from Osmium, you should dig these records, too.

As far as looks, fuck a Lyn Christopher...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

---

There are a WHOLE BUNCH of different Invictus 45s from that album with different songs and flips etc... I have the one you're talking about but also I have "Country Boy" B/W "Breakdown"

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    I've picked up the first two Copeland solo efforts, and am definitely feeling I Am What I Am more, though I wasn't really into Self Portrait at all when I first played it. I think there are moments on I Am What I Am that are brilliant, but otherwise her pitch can be dodgy in places. I think she might be a better writer than she is a performer.
    On the Zorn tip, Ken Vandermark's Spaceways Inc group recorded a record of Sun Ra and Funkadelic tunes (13 Cosmic Standards) with Red Hot Mama into Super Stupid. I can't say all the tunes come off that well, but it's a cool record nonetheless.

Did not know that, thanks. i'll be on the lookout.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i kinda hate Ken Vandermark, but that's a different thread altogether.