Who watched The Daily Show last night?

DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
That segment by Aasif Mandvi was I haven't seen a humor piece that scathing in a while.

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    really...?

i thought it was good, but not that much different from their usual brand of 'hypocracy humor' (that being showing the humor in gov't/media's hypocracy).

but 2 things struck me as odd...
    1. dude (Aasif), had really bad posture during his interview. Like he was on some fat joe 'lean back' steez or kinda like the Rock.
    2. the audience, probably a bunch of pinko liberal commies, were laughing through all his jokes, but got really silent towards the end. maybe i am brilliant, but i could kinda tell where he was going with that interview/joke/commentary early on.

here's the youtube

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    2. the audience, probably a bunch of pinko liberal commies, were laughing through all his jokes, but got really silent towards the end. maybe i am brilliant, but i could kinda tell where he was going with that interview/joke/commentary early on.

here's the youtube

I imagine they got quieter at the end because that 9/11 joke was a real gut punch. And it was such a gut punch because, well, it's fucking true. I know I was laughing at all the jokes, and then when he got to that one, I was kinda like, "...ooooh...." But it got that reaction because it's on point, unpleasant as that may be. I thought that whole segment was definitely a cut or three above TDS' norm.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    really...?

i thought it was good, but not that much different from their usual brand of 'hypocracy humor' (that being showing the humor in gov't/media's hypocracy).

but 2 things struck me as odd...
    1. dude (Aasif), had really bad posture during his interview. Like he was on some fat joe 'lean back' steez or kinda like the Rock.

here's the youtube

thanks for the link.

the daily show audience has always been a problem. some interviews have turned ice-cold cause someone guffaws at something meant to be taken seriously. i've been led to believe jon stewart could be ordering something in a restaurant and the waiter would just crack up hysterically in the little pauses he provides.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Aasif Mandvi

Man, that shit was off the fucking chain. Even JS looked stunned at how scathing that shit actually sounded.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    segment was pretty cool but i've been feeling the colbert report more lately..

best debating setup ever: