Fakin Jax... Jacksonville, Fla record spot related

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I gotta a gig out in Jax, Fla on the 4th of June. Any strutters thereabouts can hook a brother up with some record spot info or just some interesting shit to see info?

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    calling Rubbishvisual...

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    My folks have been living there for the past 3 years. It's a very transient place (old folks moving South and the Navy) so there's loads of thrifts and flea markets. Expect a lot of Christian music (not much xian psych unfortunately) but also some decent rock and Latin stuff from time to time. I've done well with reggae there as well. Jacksonville is the biggest city in the country (area wise) so expect to do some drivin.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I gotta a gig out in Jax, Fla on the 4th of June. Any strutters thereabouts can hook a brother up with some record spot info or just some interesting shit to see info?

Cashless, just out of curiousity, what kind of gig is it?

• ...yeah, I'm curious about the gig too...look up Music & Memories...they just moved so I don't know where the new location is...other than that...hit up the flea markets.

j

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Here's the gig info, anyone in the area that wants to come out, hit me up and I'll guest list you (if I can, not my promotion)...

The Official 2 LOUD 4 THE RADIO afterparty

featuring:
    Cashless
    hip hop // reggae // soul // broken beat

Saturday, June 4th
    E'Clate Jazz Club
    331 E. Bay
    Downtown Jacksonville, Fla
    11 pm - until

Are you the same Rubbishvisual as in the website with the same name? I bought a few books from that site a coupla years back.

Thanks for the info though. I don't know what my transportation will be like out there, anyone know about public transport out there?

• yeah...that's me! Don't live in Jax anymore...I am out in Portland now. Good luck with the gig.

j