Where can get some old school flip down glasses?

sloppywhitesloppywhite 230 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone know where i can get a pair of these old/middle school Dwayne Wayne specs?Are they still being made? Anyone have a pair?

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Not sure about the specs, but I did used to have that ramp up top, tho!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Did u try ebay. I need some Zany Zappers w/ the alternative blue lights.

• Did u try ebay.

i tried a couple of searches but wasn't sure what they would most likely be labeled as (like what would everyone call these type of glass?).

"flip down glasses"?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    ever been to those places called ... uhhh... "thrift stores"? I hear they sell records too.

• ever been to those places called ... uhhh... "thrift stores"? I hear they sell records too.

what the hell are "records"?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I dunno, but I read that word a lot on the net lately.

Did u try ebay.

i tried a couple of searches but wasn't sure what they would most likely be labeled as (like what would everyone call these type of glass?).

"flip down glasses"?

I dont think they ever had a specific "nickname or streetmoniker". Flip up sunglasses maybe?
    2 in 1 sunglasses? Good luck.
    Break out the soddering iron.

try "flip up sunglasses"

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Did u try ebay.

"flip down glasses"?

I dont think they ever had a specific "nickname or streetmoniker". Flip up sunglasses maybe?
    2 in 1 sunglasses? Good luck.
    Break out the soddering iron.

Yeah, I think they are flip-UP. I used to have some that flipped up and to the side individually But if you flipped them both up they sort of looked like little Mickey Mouse ears.

Americans seem to have big problems with the word "solder"!! Is it because you never fix anything yourselves, you just go and buy another cheapo plastic replacement?

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    if it ain't broke, don't fix it

those Jazzy Jeff sunspecs is what you need, you know: flippin sideways

• thanks, y'all!
    flip up it t'is...

Americans seem to have big problems with the word "solder"!! Is it because you never fix anything yourselves, you just go and buy another cheapo plastic replacement?

Who u callin American, Im from France or somethin'!!!

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    the clips scratch up your normal lenses
    The real shit is those Terminator X joints that completely encase your normal glasses. Appreciated by Real Headz and senior citizens alike.