vermont spots

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
up here in burlington for the weekend. recommendations?

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    bizzo mansion.
    bring some "gear"

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

downtown discs. various thrifts. zzzzzzz.

There's two record stores in the Montpelier area that might be worth the trip but are closed on sunday. You should've hollered sooner.

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    used to live up in that area circa 2002. don't waste your time. too white and country. used to turn up a lot of shit in brattleboro though...dollar bin full of mint weldon irvines once--it was funny because the dollar bin was actually a wheelbarrow, and the records were just kind of thrown in there, and they were pretty much all heat and all in perfect condition. i was cautious at first becuase i thought it might be some kind of booby trap...or joke where the records inside the covers were something different, etc. haven't had luck like that there since (or anywhere else for that matter), but there's 2 or 3 record stores in town worth checking out. as for northern VT, skip the digging and spend your time outside in the fresh air.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    bizzo mansion.
    bring some "gear"

You've got it confused, I'm not the one who needs gear.

However I did cop OG Mono's of Love's first two albums today at downtown discs.

Summer digging in VT is for fat people. Get outside.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    digging and Vermont dont go together. Some reggae though if you know the heads with it. Look for Roots Foundation records.