Gosh.... I don't really know. hmmmm.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    WE MAKE HOLES IN TEETH!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Tom's of Main

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Tom's of Maine
    so necessary...
    I brushed my teeth w/ that this morning.

• Tom's of Main

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Tom's of Main is not potent enough for weed-breath.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Did you drink a big glass of orange juice right after?

• i rock the "kiss my face" with tea tree oil, pick it up at any co-op or hippy outlet
    fuck the pouchulli(however that bullshit is spelled) this shit gets me sparklin'

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    im a colgate man por vida...although the whitening version makes my tongue numb(?)

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    Strictly mouthwash, then brush with an electric toothbrush before rinsing. My dentist did the knowledge for me:

The latest thinking in dental hygeine is that toothpaste just "moves the bacteria" around your mouth and long term use can actually be disadvantageous. Toothpaste can be good for stains on teeth -- especially if you drink a lot of coffee or smoke. However, it can also wear the enamel off your teeth. For people who don't smoke or drink coffee regularly, the advice now is this: rinse your mouth with a good mouthwash like Listerine. Don't rinse. Use the electric toothbrush to dislodge the bacteria; Rinse again with mouthwash. Voila. You're done.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Strictly mouthwash, then brush with an electric toothbrush before rinsing. My dentist did the knowledge for me:

The latest thinking in dental hygeine is that toothpaste just "moves the bacteria" around your mouth and long term use can actually be disadvantageous. Toothpaste can be good for stains on teeth -- especially if you drink a lot of coffee or smoke. However, it can also wear the enamel off your teeth. For people who don't smoke or drink coffee regularly, the advice now is this: rinse your mouth with a good mouthwash like Listerine. Don't rinse. Use the electric toothbrush to dislodge the bacteria; Rinse again with mouthwash. Voila. You're done.

wow...this is what I do when I am pressed for time, and I thought I was being neglectful and lazy!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    trying to switch from the hippy toothpastes to the crazy chemical ones is really hard.
    I was all on the Tom's of Maine (gingermint whoa) before my girlfriend moved in with her Corporate Poison, and all I'm saying is: pick one, don't waffle!

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil/Wintergreen steez

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

"Could I see some documentation on this, please?"

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts

"Could I see some documentation on this, please?"

Mane I don't know. I'm gonna have to ask my dentist and get back to you.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Kind of interesting. But wouldn't the net effect be the same, not factoring in fluoride? I thought the main removal was the scrubbing action of the brush.