No, No BET on cable here

d_wordd_word 666 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
No, No BET on cable in Vancouver. This is a problem.No late night Tavis Smiley news programs? No loud computer image hosts (what's her name? Ms. _____?) So it's been awhile since I seen it.Any of y'all strugglin' from withdrawl?

Comments

• Options
    Rent a bike.

K.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    tavis and cita haven't been on for years...

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Sayin - I've been livin' here for years.

I think like a lot of people here I had a love/hate thing with the station.

But now it's gone I miss it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Sayin - I've been livin' here for years.

I think like a lot of people here I had a love/hate thing with the station.

But now it's gone I miss it.

tavis is on pbs, along with pretty much every other news/current events program thats worth watching.

charlie rose is the shit!

Cali residents, who's up on Huel Howser?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,088 Posts

hahaha oh man that guy is ill. That lispy southern drawl to his voice. He'll be visiting honey factories in Palmdale or something and make it sound interesting.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

hahaha oh man that guy is ill. That lispy southern drawl to his voice. He'll be visiting honey factories in Palmdale or something and make it sound interesting.

Dude came to my job not too long ago

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    No, No BET on cable in Vancouver. This is a problem.

No late night Tavis Smiley news programs? No loud computer image hosts (what's her name? Ms. _____?)

Any of y'all strugglin' from withdrawl?

BET = 99% crap

They used to have a reasonable selection of programming, now they have more garbage than MTV.

• Options
    BC T's = 99% yes!

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    charlie rose is the shit!

Of course!

The public criticism Tavis had at the end of his time with NPR was real interesting. There's an outed internal letter out there somewhere where he lays it down - along the lines of this link:

WHAT'S MORE DIVERSE THESE DAYS ??? NPR OR PRESIDENT BUSH'S CABINET?

TS: Bush's Cabinet. It is ironic that a Republican President has an Administration that is more inclusive and more diverse than a so-called liberal-media-elite network.

IS IT TRUE YOU GOT ANGRY LETTERS FROM LISTENERS WHEN YOU STARTED AT NPR?

TS: I can't begin to tell you the hate mail that I received when I started three years ago. I remember one listener emailing me to complain that my laughter was too boisterous. They didn't like the way I talked, the way I sounded. Because my whole style was so antithetical to what the traditional NPR listener had been accustomed to. And they really didn't like the substance of what I was talking about, initially.

See, I got similar mixed feelings about NPR just like BET (and CBC Radio here in Canada too)

With NPR and CBC - sometimes it's real good, but sometimes NPR sounds condescending and uppity - and I know it ain't my peoples on the radio. (and I'm sayin less about race - and more about class.)

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I'd like to know what Madelyne Woods and Sherry Carter are doing.