Tucson what's good (eating related)

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I'll be in Tucson all next week and am looking for some quality eats suggestions. Especially breakfast.

Comments

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    My girl has been there a couple times on business and RAVES about a restaurant called Cafe Poca Cosa. She said it is the best/freshest Mexican food she's ever eaten; always gets the "Chef's Special," or something where they decide what you eat, and gets the Pineapple-Basil drink on the side.

We're pretty big foodies, and we eat out a lot, and I have NEVER heard her be so unequivically enthusiastic about a restaurant. I've never been, but she cannot recomend it highly enough.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I'll be in Tucson all next week and am looking for some quality eats suggestions. Especially breakfast.

Hang with Herm, you'll eat right.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Would love to take time to hang with Herm and the rest of the area strutters but unfortunately will be very busy with for most of the time that I am there. Keep those recommendations coming.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    My girl has been there a couple times on business and RAVES about a restaurant called Cafe Poca Cosa. She said it is the best/freshest Mexican food she's ever eaten; always gets the "Chef's Special," or something where they decide what you eat, and gets the Pineapple-Basil drink on the side.

We're pretty big foodies, and we eat out a lot, and I have NEVER heard her be so unequivically enthusiastic about a restaurant. I've never been, but she cannot recomend it highly enough.

cafe poca cosa is excellent. a touch more expensive than your typical mexican place, and definitely has the new world twist on mexican cuisine. check it out if you like the fine dining experience.

for breakfast, check out gigi's cafe and the b line. both great.

tons of great spots for lunch/dinner for lots of types of fare. it will likely be hot as shit while you are here, so you might be in the mood for a salad for dinner (at least i am when its really hot). there's a great salad place called chopped that you should check out.

pretty good town for pizza too. for a pie, check out magpie's, and for slices, check no anchovies. both have decent beer selection too.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My boy wants huevos rancheros. Any suggestions?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    My boy wants huevos rancheros. Any suggestions?

haven't gotten any in a restaurant out here yet, as i make a huevos rancheros myself. you might want to try frank's diner though. it's a greasy spoon spot for breakfast and lunch and a mexican spot for dinner, when it goes by francisco's.