Vitamin on NPR

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I just heard Vitamin reporting from Cairo, talking about the resort bombing, and military law in Egypt. He is now officialy part of the "liberal media".Dan

Comments

• How'd you know it was him? Did the seemingly random Soundbombing II reference in the middle of his report give it away?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    How'd you know it was him? Did the seemingly random Soundbombing II reference in the middle of his report give it away?

Eli Lake, I've met him. No references to firewater.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I have a friend over there. I'm waiting for him to check in.

I have a friend over there. I'm waiting for him to check in.

I hope he is ok. The toll keeps rising. Very sad event.

• How'd you know it was him? Did the seemingly random Soundbombing II reference in the middle of his report give it away?

Eli Lake, I've met him. No references to firewater.

Vitamin if youre checking this post I hope youre doing well, and I got them moder MP3's for you. Hit me up when you have a chance.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I stayed at the Taba Hilton (on the Gulf of Aqaba) a few years before they drove a truck full of explosives through the lobby and turned a multi-story building into a ranch house. Crazy.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Taba is a nice spot. My heart goes out to the victims.

Eli Lake: Sign on and hollerate at us. I am offended that he would check in with "NPR" or whatever it's called before signing on to the Strut following the bombing.

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    Thanks for the good wishes. I'm alright. Just getting back from a vacation that was interrupted by this madness. I almost went to Dahab, but ended up instead going to Alexandria. I actually learned through the strut that the interview made it onto NPR. But Dan, I can assure you I am not the liberal media.

As a side note to any strutters. I know this bombing makes Egypt seem like the last place to vacation, but it's really a great place. The beaches are gorgeous, people are freindly and it is ridiculously cheap. Plus there are definitely beats here, though no records. Cassettes like crazy though.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Vitamin

I hope youre doing well

But Dan, I can assure you I am not the liberal media.

Too late, you can kiss the White House Spokesman job good-bye. Actually Snow used to be on NPR.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Cassettes like crazy though.

this is truth. i came back with um kalthoum tapes for days.