SAN DIEGO

2»

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Dude, I live in Mira Mesa. As a whole, no records in Mira Mesa, but travel a little, and there still are records around.

No records south of the 76/78/56

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

you sound like a ucsd alum. no?

oh hell yeah.

no records at ucsd, except in the library (and you can't check em out).

um, yeah. there werent any at the radio station either. hehehe *nervous laugh*

there werent any at the radio station either. hehehe *nervous laugh*

Those records are actually (finally) gone now. I heard those records had been raided for years. UCSD Radio (KSDT) had a sale in January 2005 and blew them out at 10 cents per record or something. It was mostly burned bad rock, alt-rock, indie, very little jazz (Muse, pablo and 80s titles) and almost no soul/funk at all. I bought about 100+ LPs for $120. Scored a beatup Harlem River Drive for $1, whee.

there werent any at the radio station either. hehehe *nervous laugh*

Those records are actually (finally) gone now. UCSD Radio had a sale and blew them out at 10 cents per record or something.

I scored a beatup Harlem River Drive for a $1 though.

i heard its called KSDT or something. but im not sure cuz i never was there.

KSDT, correct.

well dont i feel stupid. last time i was down there (comicon 05) i made a pit stop at the old radio station to return some records that ACCIDENTALLY got into my personal crates. as usual, there were some goth looking corndogs in the studio but when i knocked they just looked at me like i was some freshman asswipe and they wouldnt answer the door. so i just left the records leaned up against the door. they were prolly wondering what those big cardboard squares were i left on their doorstep.

What did you return? Just curious. The radio station is very goth/punk/indie Che cafe run.

KSDT has a blazing CD catalog filled with indie rock and emo.

What did you return? Just curious. The radio station is very goth/punk/indie Che cafe run. They have a blazing CD catalog filled with indie rock and emo I bet. Whee.

a few ornette coleman records, a coltrane giant steps, some stevie wonder LPs, a most desh ep, a pharcyde bizarre ride color wax, j5 unified rebellution, uptight OST, im forgetting some stuff. but yeah, mostly stuff like that.

Wow, good stuff. Those records are probably in the Miramar landfills now though.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    WORD THAT SOUNDS RAD!!! YOU NEED TO THROW ANTOHER PARTY AND IF I DRINK LOTS OF BEER AND HAVE LOTS OF BREADY PIZZA I CAN SHOW YALL THE "SHIT UP", KIND OF LIKE THE TURTLE BUT WITH POWER!

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    a most desh ep, .

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    a pharcyde bizarre ride color wax,
    I used to fuck with that, so either it made it back into the station, or you boosted it sometime after my "stoned hippies playing Funkdoobiest at 4:00 in the morning" period.