Mandisa (American Idol Related)

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
The BEST singer in the competiton was voted off last night. Hit by the Country curse. I guess I can't complain, since I don't vote, but I can still call b*llsh*t!

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

The BEST singer in the competiton was voted off last night. Hit by the Country curse. I guess I can't complain, since I don't vote, but I can still call b*llsh*t!

dude.
    its american idol.
    theyre looking for the next packaged clone pop star.

FUCK AMERICAN IDOL.

lets keep serious discussion of this show outta here.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    dude.
    its american idol.

FUCK AMERICAN IDOL.

dude.
    its american idol.

FUCK AMERICAN IDOL.

totally. do you not see the irony of that show?

on a side note, princes career will be jumping the shark when he joins the show this season. barry manilow style.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    WACK. She can sing and she's cute too.
    Batches.

dude.
    its american idol.

FUCK AMERICAN IDOL.

on a side note, princes career will be jumping the shark when he joins the show this season. barry manilow style.

Look, I'm not going to get in an argument with you about Americna Idol, but do you not see why I even care in the first place? I'm a little annoyed that someone who is actually a great SINGER was voted off of the show. That was the whole point of my post. Forget all of the other cookie-cutter look and singing-ass folks left on there. I was pulling for someone who pretty clearly does not typify the "American Idol." Get mad at somebody else, dude.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    dude.
    its american idol.

FUCK AMERICAN IDOL.

No way. Prince has demonstrated time and again that he does his best work when he sets his sites on the pop charts, so how does doing a show like this impact his credibility in the slightest? Prince has nothing to prove, period. I welcome seeing him in a context that sheds some light on how he might work or work with other up and comers.

Sometimes you folks take not taking things seriously too seriously. American Idol may be a trifle, but it is a trifle on a massive scale. But I agree with Simon on Mendisa, her song choices screwed her up. This competition is pretty tight in that regard. Being the best singer is no guarantee.

dude.
    its american idol.

FUCK AMERICAN IDOL.

No way. Prince has demonstrated time and again that he does his best work when he sets his sites on the pop charts, so how does doing a show like this impact his credibility in the slightest? Prince has nothing to prove, period. I welcome seeing him in a context that sheds some light on how he might work or work with other up and comers.

Sometimes you folks take not taking things seriously too seriously. American Idol may be a trifle, but it is a trifle on a massive scale. But I agree with Simon on Mendisa, her song choices screwed her up. This competition is pretty tight in that regard. Being the best singer is no guarantee.

prince said he hates the show. now hes gonna do it. have some integrity.

and drewn, im not lookin to argue with you, nor am i the slightest bit mad at you, but what do you expect from a country that buys william hung x-mas albums. its pre-teen girls voting on this show. they dont care about talent. so to get all worked up is a waste of time.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    It is no longer a singing contest. It is now a popularity contest.

I hear where you're coming from. I'm not worked up, just didn't think she should have been the one to go.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    It has always been a popularity contest.[/b]

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    It bugs me when people get all worked up and angry that this show even exists... hatting for the sake of hatting as far as I can tell

Does Reuben LOOK like a pop star to you?? Has he even been successful? C'mon, get outta here with that bullshit...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Does BIGGIE/LUTHER LOOK like a pop star to you??

you dont see any luthers or simply reds in the year 2006.
    hip hop is diff though, i think. some ugly mufuckas in the game.

• Does BIGGIE/LUTHER LOOK like a pop star to you??

Come on...it's a LOT easier to get on as a fat guy than a fat gal. Women don't love it when you call them "Big Momma."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Come on...it's a LOT easier to get on as a fat guy than a fat gal. Women don't love it when you call them "Big Momma."