I'm out that boot camp click!!! (GameChange R)

Comments

• Is that why AAPL is up almost $6 today?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Is that why AAPL is up almost $6 today?

Since it's the only news of the day, I would say yes...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    when is "leopard" supposed to come out?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    probably early 2007, to coincide w/ Vista.

but this boot camp upgrade is available as a free download for Tiger, so you can install it right nooooo.

drinks on sween tonight.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    what's vista?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    what's vista?

the new windows release

Aser, whats your thoughts on the Intel chip in the macs? good look or horrible idea?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Aser, intel iBooks? What's the word? I need to make that happen!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    depends on what you need to do, if you're using mainly in house apple apps like safari, mail, iphoto, itunes, imovie, garageband, then yes, it is much faster.

if you're running professional apps like Adobe suite, Pro Tools, etc, it's best to hold out until they release native versions. Pro Tools will not run at all, whereas CS will run through Rosetta (emulator), which means it'll be slower.

Albeit Apple just released a universal binary for Final Cut Pro the other day, and Logic is already universal. In due time everything will be universal, but "due time" is highly debateable.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    i guess the days of macs not crashing are reaching an end...

i know a lot of you won't agree, but windows on a mac is as far as stability goes.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    depends on what you need to do, if you're using mainly in house apple apps like safari, mail, iphoto, itunes, imovie, garageband, then yes, it is much faster.

if you're running professional apps like Adobe suite, Pro Tools, etc, it's best to hold out until they release native versions. Pro Tools will not run at all, whereas CS will run through Rosetta (emulator), which means it'll be slower.

Albeit Apple just released a universal binary for Final Cut Pro the other day, and Logic is already universal. In due time everything will be universal, but "due time" is highly debateable.

so for the time being (near future), intel chips are not good?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    There is no black & white answer really. Find out what you need the computer for, go through my list and see what suits you. In the short term, some users might benefit by going w/ a G5 instead. But if you're buying for the future, then intel chips are the way to go.

cash - it doesn't look like it's happening this week, they're letting the 30th anniversary pass by w/o much fanfare.

crossings - I would recommend someone installing xp onto a separate HD. Partitioning is not a good look especially if you're worried about xp security holes.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i guess the days of macs not crashing are reaching an end...

i know a lot of you won't agree, but windows on a mac is as far as stability goes.
    i haven't had windows xp crash on me before

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

I dare you to run virtualPC and say it's workable. This can only be good news for anybody who needs to run windows-specific apps on a mac!

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    i knew you guys were gonna get ass-hurt... didn't even take 3 minutes.

i was referring to viruses.

need i say more.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i knew you guys were gonna get ass-hurt... didn't even take 3 minutes.

need i say more.
    i haven't ran a firewall or virus scanning program in five years and haven't gotten a virus

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

:5pagergraemlin:

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    $71.21 closing today, which means it has gone up by $10 since yesterday.

sween is out in the "real world" enjoying his bounty of riches.