BootCheckStrut - Organized Konfusion EP

JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I picked up one of these a while ago and am a bit konfused what sort of pressing it actually is. I'm guessing it's some kind of a boot but could I get a confirmation, please.

Comments

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i dont think its a boot... but a reissue of some sort. theres a bunch of hollywood basic 12's being reissued, something about them getting bought out by someone else and having their back catalogue reissued. im sure someone can be more help.

btw, is that just the fudge pudge single w/ who stole the last piece of chicken on the bside?

• it might be legit, but it's definitely a repress. the original 12"s look nothing like that.

It has "Walk Into the Sun" & "Who Stole My Last Piece Of Chicken"(Remix) on the B-side. The labels even have all the info related to the tracks, for example that saxophone was played by Chuck and additional vocals were by Vicki on "Walk Into the Sun". Copyright is from 1991.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    There were some VERY realistic looking Hollywood Basic repops a couple years ago... looked official but I think I read on vinylexchange that they were not?

This is not on Hollywood Basic, though. It also has only the main tracks, no instrumentals. The pic is from a Japanese web-site, and it was the only reference I could find about the record through a google search.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

It also has the same serial number as the Hollywood Basic pressing with the same tracks, ED-55737. Damn, this is some konfusing shit.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I think I have that as well. Picked it up as if it was "new" (i.e. reish / boot from a store).

What is the sound quality like? I think Fudge Pudge was kinda shitty quality on my copy.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Definitely not an OG in any form...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Don't know why it's so blurry...

OG. Matrix # ST-ED-5573

Don't know why it's so blurry...

OG. Matrix # ST-ED-5573

Thank you, that's all I needed to know.