GREAT New Yorker article on Ghostface

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
This shouldn't touch off the 5 page- Clipse war. Again, y'all will know some of this stuff (like, this is how a Wu-Tang beat sounds...) but its not written for you or me; more, the average New Yorker reader.Anyway, great article on Fishscale and Ghostface in general. Sasha Frere-Jones has made their music criticism 1000 times better. enjoy.http://www.newyorker.com/critics/music/articles/060320crmu_music

Comments

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Thanks for this. The world needs more people like Ghostface. And Sasha Frere-Jones. This is a so much better read than the average hip hop article it's not even funny.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    ???My Ebony Princess,??? a 1977 single by Jimmy Briscoe & the Little Beavers,

Anyone got this? Is it a tough pull?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    I was listening to the advance yesterday. Great album (Liking the Whip me with a strap track). I met dude once in at Sony in the late 90's. Dude seemed like the real deal.

Hope it does well for him. I'll be picking up a copy.

Great article Thx

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    The fishscale advance i got sounds aiight. Whats up with all the old mf doom beats from the monster island czars album though?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The fishscale advance i got sounds aiight. Whats up with all the old mf doom beats from the monster island czars album though?

This is very questionable... apparantly Ghost didn't care that they were already used, he had to have 'em... I don't understand why he couldn't get Doom to make him some new exclusives...

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Weird. I thought it might just be a super early advance & the final version would have different beats. Fair enuff i guess, they are nice beats.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I heard a few songs from the fishscale album too. That one joint with the hook:
    "All over the world the kilo is the measure,
    A Kilo is 1000 grams, its easy to remember"
    That shit is mad catchy, I'm sure all the little kids will be singing it!

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I heard a few songs from the fishscale album too. That one joint with the hook:
    "All over the world the kilo is the measure,
    A Kilo is 1000 grams, its easy to remember"
    That shit is mad catchy, I'm sure all the little kids will be singing it!

Soulstrut's own Moss made that beat.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    no shit?! great job moss, that beat is hot to death!!!

• Yeah, Soulstrut's own Moss should be proud of that beat. "Kilo" is the Measure...lovin' that one.