Milton Nascimento pressing question

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
what color label is the first pressing of "Lo Borges Clube Da Esquina" on? i've heard the white odeon label with the green star, & a yellow label both being first pressings, but that doesn't make sense. anyone?

Comments

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    what color label is the first pressing of "Lo Borges Clube Da Esquina" on? i've heard the white odeon label with the green star, & a yellow label both being first pressings, but that doesn't make sense. anyone?

My copy has the yellow/brown-ish label and is the first press.
    Some seller told me some time ago that the Odeon's whitr & green labels are reissue, but I'm not sure.

Peace

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i think it just depends on the year of the issue.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I think yellow labels came after the "star" labels. I got some 70 - 71 yellow labels, and I remember some '69 Elza Soares being a star label.
    What was th eyear of that Milton?

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    im pretty sure the white label one is the first

I checked several Odeon records I have and it seems that the white & green/blue star lasted till 71; records from 72 on have the yellow/brown label.

Peace

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i thought black and white were really early, aqua and white make up the bulk of the sixties and early seventies, and maybe there are some yellow ones with the same design as the aqua colored ones, but those might be for subsidiary labels.

• what color label is the first pressing of "Lo Borges Clube Da Esquina" on? i've heard the white odeon label with the green star, & a yellow label both being first pressings, but that doesn't make sense. anyone?

I think yellow labels came after the "star" labels. I got some 70 - 71 yellow labels, and I remember some '69 Elza Soares being a star label.
    What was th eyear of that Milton?
    it's from 1972. but the fact that there are both white & green, and yellow pressings, makes me thing the original is white & green.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    You guys got me a lil worried... cuz I paid too much for my green & white copy...

• You guys got me a lil worried... cuz I paid too much for my green & white copy...
    i think you're good. i'm worried that this seller already shipped me the second yellow label pressing which was listed as the first. hopefully he didn't, and i can get a refund before he does.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I checked several Odeon records I have and it seems that the white & green/blue star lasted till 71; records from 72 on have the yellow/brown label.

Peace

I'm pretty sure I have a Paulinho da Viola from '71 with yellow label

• I checked several Odeon records I have and it seems that the white & green/blue star lasted till 71; records from 72 on have the yellow/brown label.

Peace

I'm pretty sure I have a Paulinho da Viola from '71 with yellow label
    ok, now i'm really confused - does anyone know for a fact which of the Milton Nascimento Clube Da Esquina 2LP's is the first pressing??

jorge, could it be that your paulinho da viola is a second pressing?

• I checked several Odeon records I have and it seems that the white & green/blue star lasted till 71; records from 72 on have the yellow/brown label.

Peace
    being that white & green came first, wouldn't that make it the earlier pressing for the Nascimento LP?

Peace
    being that white & green came first, wouldn't that make it the earlier pressing for the Nascimento LP?

Didn't Clube Da Esquina come out in 1972, the year they started using the yellow label?

Peace

Didn't Clube Da Esquina come out in 1972, the year they started using the yellow label?
    yeah, but the fact that it was also pressed with the earlier label makes me think that it was released just before the yellow label was used, thus making the white label with green star the earlier pressing. then again, i'm clueless so somebody shed some light plaese...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Someone contact Milton and ask him this shit, plaese. I can't take this anymore.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

Peace

yeah, but the fact that it was also pressed with the earlier label makes me think that it was released just before the yellow label was used, thus making the white label with green star the earlier pressing. then again, i'm clueless so somebody shed some light plaese...

to be honest i dont think any more light needs to be shed, just enjoy the album it is great

• to be honest i dont think any more light needs to be shed, just enjoy the album it is great
    i'm just curious as to whether or not the copy I payed for was falsely advertised as the first press.

to be honest i dont think any more light needs to be shed, just enjoy the album it is great
    i'm just curious as to whether or not the copy I payed for was falsely advertised as the first press.

Siro

My copy is from 72 and has the yellow/brown label.
    I'll check other copies (when I see them) and verify if they have different label.
    Even if there's an edition with white & green/blue star, probably it was mislabeled or someone on Odeon decided to use a new label.
    Anyway, if your copy is from 72 it's an original first press.

Peace

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've had 3 copies of this over the last 2 years and all have had the yellow label. I can't really see the green label causing a change in it's price or (gasp!) the music.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Siro

I'll check other copies (when I see them) and verify if they have different label.
    Even if there's an edition with white & green/blue star, probably it was mislabeled or someone on Odeon decided to use a new label.

Regardless of what year its pressed every copy would say 1972...

Siro

Regardless of what year its pressed every copy would say 1972...

Not necessarily; in the bottom of the back cover or in the label they (usually) state the reissue year. Unfortunately, this is not a rule.

Peace