drum roll to...iPod boombox? ho hum

2»

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

seriously, dont fuck yourself over and come crying back to soulstrut.

I doubt AAPL will go to nothing overnight, but it's time to take a little off the top methinks.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i don't get it. why is this a big announcement? doesn't apple already make at least 6 different "ipod-compatible" (as if there are certain speakers that aren't) speaker systems?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i don't get it. why is this a big announcement? doesn't apple already make at least 6 different "ipod-compatible" (as if there are certain speakers that aren't) speaker systems?

aftermarket manufacturers have made them, but never apple. I agree though, this isn't really announcement worthy or even something that they should have made. This is the first time in a minute that I can remember Apple biting a pre-existing piece of accessory hardware. I hope it doesn't signal anything deeper about the company.

• Options
    I doubt AAPL will go to nothing overnight, but it's time to take a little off the top methinks.

What youthinks he should do with it? Where you looking these days?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Question is why has Apple waited this long to put this out.

• Options
    aftermarket manufacturers have made them, but never apple. I agree though, this isn't really announcement worthy or even something that they should have made. This is the first time in a minute that I can remember Apple biting a pre-existing piece of accessory hardware. I hope it doesn't signal anything deeper about the company.

Look at it this way; Apple got tired of seeing Bose and other 3rd party vendors make money selling products that they themselves could easily produce, same thing with the iPod cases. Why give others all the market share without at least putting a product into the battle?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    rumour was component shortage, it was supposed to come out back in Jan along w/ the intel imac/macbook pro launch. Jobs was not pleased they had to scrap it last minute.......

single core mac mini is a decent deal, same price as the previous rev g4 1.42 ghz mac mini with wireless/bluetooth.

The real news will be later this month for apple's 30th annivsary, rumoured rev is the 13.3" widescreen intel ibook.

the altec lansing boombox sons apple's version, imo.

• Options
    The real news will be later this month for apple's 30th annivsary, rumoured rev is the 13.3" widescreen intel ibook.

Plaese to send further rumours to "sweendoglongisle" PM box.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    will do

rook at that, the map scaling is neat.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Plaese to send intel ibook to "Brian" mailbox.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Look at it this way; Apple got tired of seeing Bose and other 3rd party vendors make money selling products that they themselves could easily produce, same thing with the iPod cases. Why give others all the market share without at least putting a product into the battle?

There are people willing to buy anything with an Apple logo on it. So I guess in the end, it makes sense.

What youthinks he should do with it? Where you looking these days?

fun
    take some apple money and look at the inverted yield curve hommie
    financials are bouncing back a little, you know 'bout that right?

gas too in the near future I think

don't mess with alt. energies though

CERADYNE, cot damn

• Options
    fun
    take some apple money and look at the inverted yield curve hommie

Look international then. Russia, Brazil, Japan, South Korea, India.

financials are bouncing back a little, you know 'bout that right?

Yeah, just picked up 20 points in GS last two months. Mergers and Acquisitions, plus IPO's projected to be hot this year puts them in a good position.

don't mess with alt. energies though

Do you mean "don't invest in" or "don't try and physically fight them because they can kick your ass" when you say "don't mess" with alternative energies?

PBW is a good way to invest in alternative energy, it's an ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) kind of like a mutual fund. Buy the fund, you're getting a position in maybe 20 or so alternative energy companies.

CERADYNE, cot damn

Nice.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    don't forget this: iPod...SOCKS!

That's hot.

Scarf with an iPod holder: hotter

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I got this thing as a Christmas gift. It gets pretty loud. Perfect for the bedroom or for a hotel party. It is a little expensive, though still cheaper than that MacBox.

Look international then. Russia, Brazil, Japan, South Korea, India.

Right on. Don't forget So. American countries, too.

Yeah, just picked up 20 points in GS last two months. Mergers and Acquisitions, plus IPO's projected to be hot this year puts them in a good position.

WORD! Merill Lynch still up in the air, right?

Do you mean "don't invest in" or "don't try and physically fight them because they can kick your ass" when you say "don't mess" with alternative energies?
    PBW is a good way to invest in alternative energy, it's an ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) kind of like a mutual fund. Buy the fund, you're getting a position in maybe 20 or so alternative energy companies.

Yah dude, I don't wanna mess with them. I was in a couple and can't even remember what I was in but it suked. The fund sounds good though, and all this talk of Ethanol is starting to get interesting.

CERADYNE, cot damn

Yah dude, I wish I got in earlier.

COST at 52 week high, damn.